Wanted: Power AMP: SET, PP or SS

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

The right channel on my Mac 2125 went out on my yesterday. I am looking for replacement AMP while I search for a pair of mint MAC tube amps.

I am willing to look at just about anything, SS, PP, SET, in any price range that someone might have available right away. But would prefer SET that someone might be in the process of getting rid of since I would be able to hand onto that for another system I was going to create.

I look forward to hearing from anyone that has something ready to go in good shape.

Thanks

Travis

tcwesq@texas.net

Look on www.audiogon.com.

I will PM if I see a nice piece.

Stuff comes up like older rebuilt 6BQ5 or 6L6 amps; some even based off of old Organ amplifiers that have been modified.

You can come upon some sleepers in the $ 200-600 range.

I liked some of the NOHR stuff I have read about.

Hi, I'm in Plano (Dallas area). I have just purchased a pair of Sun Audio 300b PP monos. Sooooooo I have two sets of Dodd Audio mono blocks I am willing to part with one set. These are truly special amps.

First pair is an 8 watt PP with 5687 1959 GE 5 star Blackplates for the output tubes and a pair of 5687 1959 GE 5 star Blackplates for the driver section.

Second pair is a 50 watt el34 PP monos with JJ Blue glass el34's and a pair of 5687 1959 GE 5 star Blackplates for the driver section.

Both of these amps are highly praised and hand built. The 8 watters were $1,400.00 new and could be put against any amp. but that is subjective of course. I would take $1,000.00 The 50 watters were $1,600.00 and I would take $1,200.00. Both amps. are the same layout only diff. is the output tubes. All the best, Guy

. Dyna ST-70. Fully rebuilt, new EL34's and 5AR4. Needs new 7199's. $425.

I trust Guy to make a fair representation of his wares...

7199s are not an off the street tube but are not too hard to find.

THis has a high probability of being a very "sound" acquisition.

gee I am tired a tough family weekend...