Oh My! Check out this 7.1 system 4 sale

SCOOTERDOG

It says it has 4 cornwalls. Looking closer at the picture tells me there LaScalas. Look at the bottom, its a basshorn. That would be one awsome system. 2 K-horns and 4 LaScalas. But to be honest, I couldn't use it, I don't have the space or corners for something like this. Very nice thou.

CD

On one of the images of the rear placards, It says Cornwall then '3' is handwritten in. Please tell me there is no such thing as a CW3, Becoming historian for the Cornwall will have become 50% even more bizarre.

Is that Formica covering on all of those. Heck of a job!

Michael

Jay,

I hope you live nearby these beauties. I'd be scared to ship them anywhere, even though he claims to specialize in shipping. The $500 he's assessing the buyer seems way below cost and I'd be concerned that he'd cut corners when palletizing, etc.

Chas, $6500 for your whole rig? You have to be kidding. $10K is more like it. I can't see you parting with your stuff, anyway. You've gone through too much to get them there ... together.

This array for sale is pretty much what I have collected here, except I have a Belle for a center. I'll need a new sub for the next house when we move because the sub I've got needs just a little more juice.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 SET Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

----------------

On 2/16/2005 7:00:06 AM Chris Robinson wrote:

Jay,

I hope you live nearby these beauties. I'd be scared to ship them anywhere, even though he claims to specialize in shipping. The $500 he's assessing the buyer seems way below cost and I'd be concerned that he'd cut corners when palletizing, etc.

if i win them, contingent on an in person inspection

i will pick them up myself

Chas, $6500 for your whole rig? You have to be kidding. $10K is more like it. I can't see you parting with your stuff, anyway. You've gone through too much to get them there ... together.

i dont see you getting rid of your stuff either.

besides the only reason that the mrs didnt balk is that they have that groovy black veneer(my ht room is all black) and that they all match

jay

Actually, I was quite serious. I live in an apt and need some cash for a down payment on a house.

Yes, it took quite sometime to gather all the Heritage speakers. My plan would have been replace them with the smaller RF-7's (4 of them), an RC-7, and a pair of RB-75's and put the difference in my savings account.

However after looking at the setup the 7's would need to be a distance from the walls and actually protrude further into the room so nothing really to gain. Oh well just a thought.

what would be the next best thing past this system? i think this is as good as it gets. im guessing pro audio is the only thing that could top it. i should say pro klipsch audio(maybe jbl?).

but why does it say 7 point ONE? wheres the ONE from? i dont see a sub anywhere.

scp53

----------------

On 2/16/2005 6:41:24 PM Scp53 wrote:

what would be the next best thing past this system? i think this is as good as it gets. im guessing pro audio is the only thing that could top it. i should say pro klipsch audio(maybe jbl?).

but why does it say 7 point ONE? wheres the ONE from? i dont see a sub anywhere.

scp53

----------------

My guess is to get more searches. I don't think many people who would search in terms of the speaker setup would ever type in "7.0."

The formica is just plain ugly... and that should mean a lot from a guy with a matching alias. 2.gif Actually the ad should have read that these are covered in imitation granite laminate rather than "beautiful granite veneer", as that is what they are.

Frzninvt's visually mismatched wood package would be, without a doubt, better looking... and have a better resale value.

Just my 2¢...

Rob

----------------

On 2/17/2005 6:38:59 PM formica wrote:

The formica is just plain ugly... and that should mean a lot from a guy with a matching alias.
2.gif
Actually the ad should have read that these are covered in imitation granite laminate rather than "beautiful granite veneer", as that is what they are.

Frzninvt's visually mismatched wood package would be, without a doubt, better looking... and have a better resale value.

Just my 2¢...

Rob

----------------

i will agree with you that the black wouldnt be as good looking as the wood.

walnut oil with cane grills would be perfect but mrs tko

likes the look of the black "granite" and thats what sold her on the idea. my ht room is all black(except the screen2.gif) carpet/walls ect. also im hopeing the resale issue will help keep the price down. if i win them i would own them untill i die

jay