So, has Klipsch completely sold out now?

Scudd

*** sigh ***

here we have another person who is ranting on the "outsourcing" bandwagon when they really don't have a clue as to what the facts are....

yes.... low paying jobs have been moved to other countries.... meanwhile foreign companies have created new higher paying jobs here in the united states.... you can read about it on the following website

http://www.ofii.org/insourcing/

additionally, as many have pointed out - the quality of the speaker is not directly related to the country of manufacture.... there are some excellent products built overseas....

i do share the original posters concern over the lack of local dealers.... i am fortunate that i can audition and buy reference series products locally here in minneapolis (ultimate electronics), but in order to audition heritage products, i would need to drive to milwaukee!!!

i realize that the market for heritage speakers is smaller, but i feel that the sales could go through the roof if more people had a chance to hear these great speakers at a local dealer....

1.gif

as for the lower end of the klipsch line - i say the more the merrier!!!!..... i would be willing to bet that klipsch revenues have increased since it made the move to best buy..... and many of those synergy buyers may indeed upgrade to reference series products over the coming years... it is a win-win situation for everyone...

and now with the acquistition of jamo speakers - klipsch has gained access to a widespread european distribution network.... big possiblities for tremendous growth for the company...

IMHO - there is good news all over for klipsch!!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is great that Klipsch has lines of progression now, you can start with the Synergy's or ProMedias get hooked on the sound then progress onto the Reference, Premiere, UltraTHX2, and Heritage lines how nice is that. In the old days when just Heritage was around not too many people could afford them and probably still can't but now there are cheaper ways that they can experience the Klipsch sound.

I hate to break the news to you but a ton of companies are outsourcing to China or other countries would you be happier if the speakers had "Hecho en Mexico" on them, and why wouldn't they it saves them money, and you money because the products are going to cost you less. Where have you been in a hole? This has been going on for years! Better get used to it to because it is not going to stop anytime soon.

C'mon guys don't feed the troll with a user name like Scudd I am suprised you did not see through this joker right from the start! Don't let the tick get under your skin just burn it off with a cigarette like the parasite that it is.

----------------

On 2/22/2005 2:03:25 AM Gramas701 wrote:

like is said that extreme loyal base you speak of is based around the heritage line! not the quintets. And that really loyal base usually buys used heritage anyways. So explain to me how klipsch is supposed to maintain there buisness when there is about 1500 orders for new heritage a year?

----------------

I disagree completely with the statement that Klipsch loyalty is based around Heritage. I and many others I know have been avid Klipsch supporters for years and our interests are not purely limited to the Heritage line. I have owned Heritage series and a whole host of other Klipsch speakers before, and current even have a pair of CIIs and some KGs I have in a closet, but my main HT system is Reference 7 series and I eagerly await the Premiers.

20 years from now there WILL be Quints or their equaivalent. There will ALWAYS be an entry level speaker line to introduce the newbies to Klipsch.

Jerry Rappaport

A Klipsch Rep told me the "Premiers" are only a concept...and if marketed would sell in the stratospheric range with other brands such as Krell, Wilson Audio, Revel,etc. Is this what you have heard? If so....I am not eagerly awaiting those! 14.gif

Scudd, I'd like to know your definition of the term "Sold Out".

I agree with the other forum members re outsourcing, world economy, etc. It's a business. Klipsch does what it can to offer a good product at many price points. Although I can't claim to have heard every line they produce, I will say that some of their products are truly world class.

I don't see where having some of their production done overseas qualifies as "selling out" in any sense of the term, at least not to my definition.

Unfortunately, Klipsch is just trying to meet demand for products. I don't understand why so many people are willing to purchase a $4,000 HDTV, but then they either but a HTiB or some other lousy speaker system. I had one friend tell me that he actually wanted floorstanders to "look good" and that he didn't care about how it sounded! Unfortunately, people willing to spend $1-3,000 on a pair of speakers are few and far between. In order to stay in business, you need to supply the demand.

Klipsch appears to be positioning itself to go public. A venture capital firm usually invests on that basis. When a company wants to sell an IPO, it needs to show a positive trend in profits. Hence, the Rx-35 and lower Reference and Synergy speakers are made in China in order to improve profit margins.

It would not suprise me that there are growing pains with the internationalization of the business. Would folks prefer that the company grow or wither and slowly die?

Bill

----------------

On 2/22/2005 1:45:19 AM Gramas701 wrote:

we are a capatilist nation, we are not industrialized anymore the only way to grow our nation is through outsourcing.... fact of life

----------------

I'll bet this guy has an American flag flying in his front yard too.

Keith

Guest Anonymous

actually i do

EDIT:

Actually I noticed your qoute of Thomas Jeffeson, I like that one, but I prefer "The harder I work, The more luck I seem to have"

Also on a commplete side note, even though Thomas Jeffeson spoke against slavery he himself owned over 250.

I read an article the other day that did a poll and only 46% of Americans knew that George Washington was the general of the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War.

END EDIT

If Klipsch wants to position themselves as another fast food retailer of AV goods thats fine. Wow, look how much they have changed if they perceive Bose as there bench mark for competition. I remember the days when Mac and Klipsch were like brothers. If you had one, you had the other. Far be it for me to think that Klipsch is Mac's equal or Krell for that matter.

It's starting to look like that KLF C-7 might be the last speaker I can purchase from Klipsch. The Reference Series looks like great stuff. It's really to bad that I cant audition it. Tampa has no retail store carring the Reference or THX line. Wait...better yet, I can troll around Ebay. Maybe find something used. No doubt, Klipsch is making alot of money off the USED- Ebay stuff. Fear not, they will continue to advertise The Reference line an other mid-fi lines with out enought retail stores to support them. Dont feel sorry for me, because in the long run it hurts them more.

Look at it from Klipsch's point.

1.We will pull out of most of our mid-to hi fi retail stores.

2.Sell our entry level speaker at the nations largest retailer.

3.Due to the increase in volume and sales this will generate we will need a larger manufacturing base.......

4.To increase production.. move all "lower end" product manufacturing to China.

5. This will cost us less and still maintain a high enough profit margin on the lower end products.

6. In the process we can expand our customer base to every trailer park in the country.

O'...one more thing. On the topic of manufacturing in China. Yes, its true the speakers that are made here might sound the same as the ones imported from China.

In some sort of patriotic way, I'd like to think that if I buy from an American company that employs American workers, I might place food on some Americans table.

It looks like I've rock the boat enough here.

Good luck Klipsch, with your fast food electronic ventures..

----------------

On 2/22/2005 5:06:44 PM Scudd wrote:

If Klipsch wants to position themselves as another fast food retailer of AV goods thats fine. Wow, look how much they have changed if they perceive Bose as there bench mark for competition. I remember the days when Mac and Klipsch were like brothers. If you had one, you had the other. Far be it for me to think that Klipsch is Mac's equal or Krell for that matter.

----------------

I'll feed this troll one last time.

Bose isn't a performance benchmark, good lord, my old Telfunken Allegro tube radio sounded better.. it is a *sales* benchmark.

Bose sells more speakers than anyone else (is it true K finally stepped over 'em? WTF? That's great news!)

Bose has made it a business model to snooker gullible fools into shelling out big bucks for really sub-par sound.

There's nothing wrong, imo, in putting Bose smack in the middle of the gunsight. They deserve to be knocked down a peg or ten, and I can't think of a better speaker maker than K to do so. I consider K's philosophy to be the Anti-bose. Whereas bose sells smoke and mirrors, K sells performance.

If you dislike K that much, why not go buy JBL? Oh wait -- their hi-dollar horns aren't sold here.. Asia only.

Or why don't you buy Tannoy? Oh wait, you'll be putting food on some Englishman's table. Can't have that, can we?

As for performance, I feel little out there can touch Klipsch, be it Reference or Heritage -- and that's Big Ole Altecs or *really* Big Ole JBLs. Everything else sounds like a wet blanket to my ears. (Except 'stats ;o)

The biggest 2 challenges I see K fighting is: a) de-programming the audiophools from their anti-horn stance, B) de-programming Joe Sixpack from believing what Amar Bose tells 'em.

Oh, and 3 -- dealing with narrow-minded folk who can't see beyond their noses and into the future.

----------------

On 2/22/2005 5:37:04 PM ez8947 wrote:

You know what I noticed lately? Your whole little elitist speaker club is a bunch of friggin idiots. Grow up, learn something...........anything.

----------------

what is your point in this discussion?

a few of the klipsch forum members are trying to explain to the original poster the realities and economics of a major speaker manufacturer (as best they can)

despite the fact that this guy is probably a troll anyways.... in other forums he would have been already banned for his postings...

reading this thread i do not see any "elitist" type of remarks..... you generally only find those in the "tube vs ss" or "SET vs push-pull" discussions...

and if you feel the need to insult people who are just basically trying to defend the manufacturer of a speaker that they love against an unwarranted attack because the cry-baby just happens to live in an area not close to any klipsch reference retailers...... then it seems that you might need to grow up little man.....

maybe after YOU grow up you can come back and add some positive comments to this discussion.... or ANY discussion on this forum....

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif

"Hard work and luck have nothing in common. Hard work yields reward. Luck does not require work."

me, 02-22-2005, American Patriot, Union worker

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever. Commerce between master and slave is despotism. Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people are to be free." -Thomas Jefferson

Call me back in 25 years and we'll see if you have changed your mind.

Keith

I wandered into an independent record store a while back while on a business trip. The music playing was clear and dynamic and sounded very good. I looked around to see what kind of speakers were playing. Klipsch Synergy they were, small ones at that. They still have that distinctive Klipsch sound.

----------------

On 2/22/2005 11:18:53 PM T2K wrote:

Call me back in 25 years and we'll see if you have changed your mind.

Keith

----------------

Why so bitter? Klipsch is still catering to our demands. I'll mention it again: the reference premier line. Also, as far as the quality control is concerned everyone is going to have snags. But with a five year warranty, who cares? If there is a defect in the worksmanship, it'll surface well before that date. And besides, people who have problems are more likely to post than those without. Case in point, since I've been on this forum I've purchased a Heresy, RB-75 and a set of RS-7s and I never really came out and posted about them.