Looking for a killer deal on a killer 2 channel SS amp?

Deang

Oh Boy! Who do they get to write this stuff anyway?

"The proprietary DIAMOND (Dynamically Invariant Amplification Optimized Nodal Drive) transconductance driver stage combines the linearity of Class A operation with the ample headroom of a Class B system and provides an increase of up to 14 dB of dynamic range in front end."

and:

"The Trans-nova patented output stage (Transconductance Nodal Voltage Amplifier) configured for "power gain" allows simpler front-end circuitry for better sound."

This months candidate for the coveted "Little Yellow Button" award?

thanks for the heads up dean!

but i think i'll stick with my carver professional ZR1000 digital amp..... goes for about $800 brand new online with very similiar specs to the fosgate amp you listed....

http://www.carverpro.com/zramps.html

20Hz to 20kHz <0.5% THD+N

700 watts mono (8ohm)RMS

300 watts x 2 (4ohm)RMS

225 watts x 2 (8ohm)RMS

if you need more power - the ZR1600 goes for less than $1000 online....

20Hz to 20kHz <0.5% THD+N

1200 watts mono (8ohm)RMS

600 watts x 2 (4ohm)RMS

350 watts x 2 (8ohm)RMS

1.gif1.gif1.gif

by the way - i KNOW that the carver ZR amps sound great with horns - at least they sound great with KLF-30's!!!!!.... haven't had the chance to hear a fosgate amp before....

I heard one of the Hafler Trans-nova amps in the middle 80's and thought it sounded great. OTOH, I have no idea how the design would do with our horns. They were pretty pricey at the time compared to other things. Heavily discounted the way it was, I thought it might be a good pick up for someone on the fence trying to make a decision on a high powered amp.

With all the fuss revolving around the small Tripath amplifiers, I would love to hear your CarverPro.