Sonic Impact T-AMP in stock @TARGET !!!

aviserated

This solves the 1/4" jack issue, and DC power supply.

I do need to source some better binding posts...

Tom,

"I also noticed that the AC/DC adapter posted on this thread for this is rated at 1500 ma is this sufficient?"

The chip is good up to 13.2 or .4 volts. I'm using a 1300 ma supply, it's sufficient. Though I would think the more current the better. Just make sure it's regulated, or it will make noise.

SI%20rear1.jpg

post-6643-1381926218544_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 3/5/2005 12:41:46 PM mike stehr wrote:

I hated that vacuum cleaner attachment looking enclosure....

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/SI%20front1.jpg" border="0">

----------------

Very, very nice work. 1.gif

$39 t-max amplifier getting the audiophiles all excited... that's funny!

I can see it now... all these audiophiles tip-toeing out and buying one, slinking back home, putting in 8 AA batteries and connecting the amp to their system.... only to realize it is sonically indistinguishable from their $3000 mono blocks. 5.gif7.gif8.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

No audiophile worth his salt would dare be caught with one of these in their home ...no matter how good it sounds.2.gif

Duuuhhhh, it says right on the Target page linked to that it's web only. I don't want those speakers they're cleverly bundling to jack the price up to $50.

Went to the PC Mall link, they're OOS, but called and ordered some anyway. The guy told me they've got 411 back-ordered on a load of 470 coming in on the 14th. $19.99 plus $2 and change shipping. Guy wanted to know what is the deal on those, they're getting an outrageous amount of calls on them. I didn't feel compelled somehow to explain it to him, just said they're popular with Ipod users.

----------------

On 3/5/2005 7:07:54 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

Duuuhhhh, it says right on the Target page linked to that it's web only. I don't want those speakers they're cleverly bundling to jack the price up to $50.

----------------

The supplied cardboard speakers are "giant killers" also!

Just kidding. But I here they sound surprisingly good.

----------------

How about partsxpress?

----------------

Greetings,

I ordered one last week from PartsExpress. It's on back-order. 8.gif

I guess patience is a virtue ... and for the itsy-bitsy price these things are going for, I'm willing to be a little virtuous! 2.gif

Take care,

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

The SonicImpact t-amp just arrived from PartsExpress. Only a few weeks' wait, which ain't bad...

My initial impression of the sound is that it's quite good -- and *remarkable* for the price. A little on the weak side driving my kg-4's (but at 94dB sentitivity and 6-ohm impedance, these are relatively difficult speakers to drive for Klipsch).

Is it gonna make me sell my Audio Note SET? No way ... single-ended toobs have magic in 'em that I doubt will ever be matched. Still, there's a clarity and a sense of rhythm to the t-amp that really makes me shake my head in disbelief. And since the t-amp/power supply cost maybe 1/50th of my SET, I think that's *really* impressive!

Take care,

Scott

----------------

On 3/5/2005 12:41:46 PM mike stehr wrote:

I hated that vacuum cleaner attachment looking enclosure....

SI%20front1.jpg

----------------

Mike, like the new box! My bro (who owned the lil' 6BQ5 Maggie) ordered his SI through procura.com (it's arriving next week), and noticed your new enclosure lacks the volume control; you using a pre for your setup? How much would you charge to build another metal enclosure similar to yours?4.gif

Several weeks ago he also won an eBay auction ($165 BIN) for a NIB discontinued 2003 model Panasonic SA-XR10 digital AV receiver with onboard Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1 surround decoding, and 100 WPC via its Texas Instruments chip. Aesthetically it's georgous with its sleek, contemporary design and tasteful use of polished chrome, and it sounds every bit as good as what others here are saying about these latest digital amps from SI, Teac, Yamaha, etc. He's had it a week now and according to him it's opened up tremendously, even though right out of the box it blew away his latest transistorized Yamaha RX-V640 6.1 AV receiver (with its more updated DTS ES Discrete 6.1, Neo 6, DTS ES Matrix 6.1, Dolby Digital EX, et al...the Yamaha's on eBay now).

panasonic_sa_xr10.jpg

post-11084-1381926218592_thumb.jpg