Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick

D-Rex

----------------

On 3/6/2005 11:45:27 AM ygmn wrote:

Look in this section back more then 30 days for some threads on each.....

----------------

On this and a couple of other sites it seems, although it wasn't a consensus, that Chronicles is the better of the two movies and that Pitch Black might not even be worthy of owning. I am thinking I will just rent them and then, if I really like them, buy them later.

Owning? As in viewing over and over again? Nah, Vin Deisel fan that I am, probably not, will see babystitter movie though, wish he returned in XXX sequel, but no, don't need to see those over and over again...

10.gif

I frequent various differant HT forums and the mojority of the opinions I have read about these two movies was that they werent very good. Cronicals has just been downright bashed. I was intrigued enough so I bought both as I really enjoy Sci Fi like this and I really liked both. I thought Cronicals was easier to watch because Pitch Black has a scene that lasts for a while in total darkness save for a really bright flashing light and that does get a little old.

Otherwise I enjoyed both. Your miles may vary, but I would and did purhcase them both.

I finally watched Pitch Black and enjoyed it. One thing I had a hard time getting past was how much light was actually in the movie for it supposedly being "Pitch Black." I mean, there were times when only a couple of lanterns or a couple of flashlights were in use yet light was coming from everywhere, I kept asking my wife where that light was coming from and she said it was from the director...

But, the premise was still good and it was pretty entertaining. Next up, Chronicles of Riddick...

----------------

On 3/9/2005 12:35:23 AM toddvj wrote:

----------------

On 3/7/2005 2:01:08 PM foxman wrote:

...Pitch Black has a scene that lasts for a while in total darkness save for a really bright flashing light and that does get a little old.
----------------

Hence, the name...
6.gif

----------------

Yeah but this movie should come with an epilectic warning on the cover.