just scored lascala's YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!

i sure hope all i have heard is true, everytime i read a thread comparing cornwalls to la scalas, the scalas always seem to be thought more highly of, i will now have 2 pairs of corns, 1 pair of heresys, and la scalas. THIS SITE IS KILLING ME, I MAY HAVE TO GO TO KLIPSCH ANNONAMOYS. DOES THIS EXIST IF NOT WE NEED TO CREATE IT, a 12 step program to aleviate the need for more and better klipsch 9.gif , now i know i am going to have to line up all the speakers and throw a mattress on them just to have a place to sleep, now all i have to do is drive 800 miles round trip to pick the buggers up. any volunteers????? dont all raise your hands at once10.gif Joe

----------------

On 3/7/2005 9:04:48 PM garymd wrote:

Where ya goin. I can't be far from you. Aren't you in MD? I'm in Ellicott City.

BTW - Doesn't mean I'm driving 800 miles with you but I'd like to hear them when you get back.
2.gif

----------------

hey we can work something out for a demo no problem, i have to go to monticello new york 1.5 hrs north of nyc, i live in southern maryland about 1.5 or 2 hrs from you depending on the traffic. i will let you know when i am going to get them and when i will be back we can set up a demo time then 10.gif Joe

thanks too all, i will be thinking hard about re veneering the scalas as they have 2 places where they were sanded thru where do you get all those differant types of veneer, of course that task will be after a period of just listening, i really dont want to sell my cornwalls and i may not, after all it has taken me 40 years to get this set-up, and its really hard to think about letting something like that go, my problem is limited space, AND I STILL WANT K-HORNS, seems a little crazy to move though to accomidate speakers. 10.gif Joe

Oh, you do not have to move,,,,,,,,,just build on, that is what I am trying to talk the wife into. We went walking around the neighborhood Sunday looking at the open houses. She would see one she liked but then would actually ask,,,,,,"any of these rooms work with those speakers you want?" WOW, she really does care! Of course none of them would.

Congratulations are in order. Way to go! This gives you some interesting options. One theory way back in the '70's was 'more violins sounds better than 1 big violin' ( - if you like those screechy glorified fiddles in the first place ).

Anyway, this led to a lot of people doubling up on their speakers particularly Advents on each channel. Quadraphonic was popular then and some quad receivers (HK 900+) had quad or doubled stereo power options so power and quantity of speakers wasn't an issue.

Theory being if you've got twice the tweeters, midrange and etc - each speaker is only doing half the work - with less strain and distortion being the result.

Getting back to your collection now, I'd be interested in hearing your impressions on doubling up (particularly on the Cornwalls because they would be matched) if you were so inclined. BTW, you've got some great vintage equipment listed. So way to go, Joe!

----------------

On 3/7/2005 10:16:32 PM TBrennan wrote:

I'd think you could buy a Skilsaw somewhat closer to home.
2.gif

----------------

So you know about the grizzly.com superstore just around the block from me? 9.gif

...fortunately, there is also a HT store that carries, among other things, McIntosh, Parasound, Klipsch (including the Cinema series), Focal, and Mitsubishi. So it's not all Jethro and Ellie May around here.

When it comes to speakers, however, I seriously doubt that I will ever buy new again; the units that sound the best to my ears are from a 50-year-plus design...

----------------

On 3/8/2005 7:19:09 AM Myhamish wrote:

Congratulations are in order. Way to go! This gives you some interesting options. One theory way back in the '70's was 'more violins sounds better than 1 big violin' ( - if you like those screechy glorified fiddles in the first place ).

Anyway, this led to a lot of people doubling up on their speakers particularly Advents on each channel. Quadraphonic was popular then and some quad receivers (HK 900+) had quad or doubled stereo power options so power and quantity of speakers wasn't an issue.

Theory being if you've got twice the tweeters, midrange and etc - each speaker is only doing half the work - with less strain and distortion being the result.

Getting back to your collection now, I'd be interested in hearing your impressions on doubling up (particularly on the Cornwalls because they would be matched) if you were so inclined. BTW, you've got some great vintage equipment listed. So way to go, Joe!

----------------

hey hamish, i had the corns stacked once and the sound was awsome but i had a problem with all that speaker in my small room if i turned up the volume much i got distortion from my TT, at low volume the tt acted fine but just a click to much and the horriable noise was on, i would have to figure out a way to isolate the turntable from the speakers and really have no where to do that, thanks for the support to all i will be leaving sat night to pick these up on sun morning want to get back here before it gets to late so i can hook these babies up and see if the hype is true( as i am confident it is )10.gif Joe