'The Incredibles' is a great system tester:

kenratboy

Not only was there a lot of bass all thru the movie (lots of explosions and such), but the surround sound mix is awesome. Not only lots of good, detailed surround effects, but surround voices and other stuff that is hard to come by.

If you have a home theater, get this disc.

Remember, it is release week, so it is on sale!!!

Oh, it is also a great movie!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/16/2005 4:02:42 AM fastlane wrote:

I agree. We watched it last night. I figure cartoons have better sound effects because all sound is added, whereas in a film with actors, only some efects are added.

----------------

The truth be known, all except some of the actors voice is added

back at the sound room. There are a lot of times even when some of

the dialog is added over.

...agreed on what Moon said. Having a five year old boy, we are constantly out looking at DVD's, and MOST OFTEN the kid stuff has DTS, DD5.1, etc., while some of the movies that I want don't even have DTS!! What gives with that? Do the marketing gurus think that kids care, or do they figure better sales because the PARENTS will notice that the soundtrack is DTS?

Chris

----------------

On 3/16/2005 8:17:43 AM gcoker wrote:

The truth be known, all except some of the actors voice is added

back at the sound room. There are a lot of times even when some of

the dialog is added over.

----------------

You are exactly right. Just take a look at some movies where the dialogue takes place back off in the distance somewhere. There obviously aren't any mics in the area, and they aren't wearing a lav. It's all done as a dub over back in the studio.

Sometimes when you watch a behind the scenes documentary, and they show some raw footage, it really begins to show you how much really is added. (Many times it also shows how bad film actors are compared to stage actors.) Sometimes I wonder how some of these guys ever made it in acting, except for their good looks.

BTW I loved the Incredibles too.

----------------

On 3/16/2005 9:32:01 AM popbumper wrote:

...agreed on what Moon said. Having a five year old boy, we are constantly out looking at DVD's, and MOST OFTEN the kid stuff has DTS, DD5.1, etc., while some of the movies that I want don't even have DTS!! What gives with that? Do the marketing gurus think that kids care, or do they figure better sales because the PARENTS will notice that the soundtrack is DTS?

Chris

----------------

I watched Vegas Vacation today. It was in DTS! Yet some of the better opportunities to experience DTS(which I prefer) only offer DD 5.1. However, The Icredeibles was not in DTS and it rocked. My 9 year old son has never commented on the sound of my system, until last night. After the THX deal before the movie he keeps looking forward and says "whoa, that was cool." I just looked at the wife and said "that's my boy!" (tear) By the way, this should be around my 200th post. Will that make me Insane?

----------------

On 3/16/2005 11:15:52 PM Seadog wrote:

I was standing in line at BB yesterday with my copy of the DVD when I noticed the man ahead of me with a copy, I said, "So you must have kids too". He replied "I'm the kid".

The Disney/Pixar movies are really great.
----------------

Couldn't agree more.

On a side note: My friend and I go and see all the non-krappy animated movies (Monsters inc., Incredibles, etc.) in the theater. When we saw Robots (pretty lame 14.gif ) - we were two of <15 people in a 450 seat theater. How the heck can they make money off that?

----------------

On 3/16/2005 10:50:43 PM fastlane wrote:

After the THX deal before the movie he keeps looking forward and says "whoa, that was cool." I just looked at the wife and said "that's my boy!" (tear)

----------------

LOL... Nice!

----------------

On 3/17/2005 12:47:59 AM kenratboy wrote:

When we saw Robots (pretty lame
14.gif
) - we were two of <15 people in a 450 seat theater.

----------------

Really? That suprises me. It looks like a really good movie. I wonder if it's just a bad time of year or something. it is tax time, perhaps peeps just don't have the money right now to get out and take the fam to a movie.

----------------

On 3/17/2005 1:24:08 AM m00n wrote:

Really? That suprises me. It looks like a really good movie. I wonder if it's just a bad time of year or something. it is tax time, perhaps peeps just don't have the money right now to get out and take the fam to a movie.

----------------

I saw Robots, then watched The Incredibles at home - no comparison, NONE. Robots will probably seem even worse on the small screen (no 50' screen to hide the bad story in eye candy)

OOOOOOhhh yes, WHAT a system tester! We just had it on the system before the kiddos bathtime, and my wife was completely stunned. Since my crossover changes, she has never been as "wowed" as during this movie. She commented on the "amazing clarity" of the front soundstage - coming from my wife, if it's a posiotive comment about the system, I must be doing SOMETHING right.

Anyone wanting amazing BASS, get this set!! My wall art was rattling!!

Chris