'The Incredibles' is a great system tester:

kenratboy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you get it from Wal Mart, they have a extras disc too.. At a discount price too.

I never noticed such a push for THX and setting your system up so much on the intro to this disc. And if you think this THX demo is impressive, again go back and look at disc 2 of Finding Nemo 4:3 ..for those with 7.1 sound.. AMAZING!!

A friend of mine who's father owned an independent movie theater said the worst movie day for the owners has always been Tuesday. Take an informal look next time you drive by, I still find it to be true. I find it amazing that Tuesday is usually the big intro day for DVD's??? Must be a killer shoppig day?

The "Cars" preview in the beginning was really cool too, it sounded just like a NASCAR track. Did you guys happen to notice the voice of the beat up old buck tooth wrecker truck - it sounded like Larry the Cable Guy but I am not certain. Man how funny would that be if it was him. See what you guys think.

June 2006 release is still very far away though - man. All that digital work obviously takes a great deal of time to assemble.

My twin 15" Velo Servo subs were hitting like sledgehammers, really, really deep. I thought my place was going to rattle apart on some of those scenes - Whew!

----------------

On 3/18/2005 2:10:59 PM Frzninvt wrote:

June 2006 release is still very far away though - man. All that digital work obviously takes a great deal of time to assemble.

----------------

Yes, watch the extra stuff on the Incredibles #2 DVD. They talk about production difficulty.

Also, some frames (each frame) take DAYS or even WEEKS to render.

Hmmm, I saw "The Incredibles" over 5 times this past weekend at all sorts of volumes and I was rather unimpressed by the sound quality...the animation was great, but I wan't a huge fan of the audio. I even saw it twice in the theatres and wasn't impressed by the sound there either (the two theatres I go to both have really good sound systems). It just seemed really sloppy to me.

I guess there's always gotta be at least one person that disagrees in the bunch 2.gif

----------------

On 3/18/2005 7:30:02 PM Olorin wrote:

Maybe you need to see it on Frzn's system.
9.gif

----------------

aye, but when LOTR and Finding Nemo sound freaken amazing I doubt it's just my system lacking. That's why I also mentioned the good movie theatres where I didn't think there was anything special with the sound. 1.gif

I watched it with the family a couple of nights ago: I thought it was nice and clear, with good locational effects throughout. Maybe I didn't have it turned up high enough, but it didn't kick my a$$ like I was expecting it too.

The Day After Tomorrow was, IMO, a lot more demanding, especially the DTS LFE track.

Watched it tonight with my wife and son, excellent movie, great video quality, real good sound. But I can't say that I was blown away by the audio. Maybe I have too many bass heavy DVDs because I didn't think the bass was anything out of the ordinary on this one.

----------------

On 3/18/2005 7:05:47 PM DrWho wrote:

Hmmm, I saw "The Incredibles" over 5 times this past weekend at all sorts of volumes and I was rather unimpressed by the sound quality...the animation was great, but I wan't a huge fan of the audio. I even saw it twice in the theatres and wasn't impressed by the sound there either (the two theatres I go to both have really good sound systems). It just seemed really sloppy to me.

I guess there's always gotta be at least one person that disagrees in the bunch
2.gif

----------------

Don't you do some form of sound engineering for a living? Sounds to me like you are getting a bit too critical and forgetting to just sit back and enjoy. 2.gif

Pixar is the leader in animaton. THX encoding compliments their efforts. When demo needed seems like I find myself reaching for one of their flicks. I am very happy with my HT system. Compared with our small town theater, ha ha no tickets from me. DLP is next, 52inches and my new popcorn Kettle ( not popper ). Covers Sight, Sound, Smell... Always joke about charging admission HA AH 2.gif

I watched this a couple of nights ago. I'm not usually into animated movies, but this one sparked my attention for some reason. I enjoyed "The Incredibles" very much. It seemed there was an occaisional nod to the old James Bond movies. Even some of the music reminded me of the style of the earlier Bond movies.

----------------

On 3/19/2005 12:32:37 PM lovedrummin wrote:

I watched this a couple of nights ago. I'm not usually into animated movies, but this one sparked my attention for some reason. I enjoyed "The Incredibles" very much. It seemed there was an occaisional nod to the old James Bond movies. Even some of the music reminded me of the style of the earlier Bond movies.
----------------

Yes, definetly a lot of the Bond, Mission Impossible, etc. vibe.

----------------

On 3/19/2005 2:39:59 AM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 3/18/2005 7:05:47 PM DrWho wrote:

I guess there's always gotta be at least one person that disagrees in the bunch
2.gif

----------------

Don't you do some form of sound engineering for a living? Sounds to me like you are getting a bit too critical and forgetting to just sit back and enjoy.
2.gif

----------------

Ya, I always get too critical...especially in the movie theatres, lol 3.gif

When I watched it at home for the first time, I had just seen LOTR Return of the King and I was seriously afraid that my woofers were gonna blow...I could feel the air from the ports hitting my face. In comparison, The Incredibles was just too compressed and the bass wasn't that low...more like 40Hz instead of 20,30Hz. Besides all that, there really wasn't that much opportunity for surround effects because everything was happening up front for the most part. The one scene that sticks out the most in my memory is towards the beginning of the movie when you see the Black Ice guy for the first time (can't remember his name...is it frozo?): You see him "icing" through the air chasing a helicopter. I found it wierd that the sound for the helicopter was coming out of the rear speakers while you could see it in front of you, and then it panned to the front as it got further away. It woulda been cooler if you heard it behind you to begin with while you still couldn't see it, but it would have masked the conversation happening before it so they just bumped it a bit later...there's lots of examples of this throughout the movie, but this was very blatant (even my half deaf girlfriend noticed it). Ironically though, there was a short period of time where you could hear his voice in the rear while the helicopter was in the front...yet both weren't on the screen yet. I dunno, it just felt akward (and still does everytime).

Nevertheless, I loved the movie and I rarely watch anything more than once...especially so close to each other and I watched this 5 times. I really felt they did an amazing job with the animation. Despite any minor issues with the sound, it was still good...just not the best out there (of course it's my opinion and all that jazz). Anyways, by the 3rd and 4th time of watching it I for sure had my critical ears off, but I know what you mean to just shut up and enjoy the show, lol 1.gif