Yummy websites

Coytee

I'm at work, slow, bored... thinking of how much I'd love to be near my hometown to go eat at one of my favorite haunts. Fortunately they can deliver. A spark lit up in my head and for those here who might NOT know about the following, I thought I'd share their websites.

http://www.graeters.com/

http://montgomeryinn.com/

http://skylinechili.com/

I realize no one here knows me from Adam (nor Eve 11.gif9.gif )

That said, maybe someone ELSE familar with the above can vouch for them also.

I've turned my friends onto Graeters with the comment that if they didn't like it, I'd reimburse them (or sometimes, I'd go ahead & send them a batch)

Read the history of them, Graeters specifically, kind of interesting. Case in point, if you went to Graeters "today" and spoke with Lou, or more likely Dick, realize that they are the grandchildren of the founder... and then realize it was founded in 1870.

That still intrigues me... founded in 1870, 135 years ago, and they are the GRANDKIDS of the founder. Not GREAT GREAT grandkids

Anyways, it's all GOOD STUFF and if you like good eats, you ought to try it. It's not cheap, but nothing of quality is typically cheap.

I feel heavier just having been to their websites.....

3.gif

Nice post. I remember an early photo mentor of mine lives in a suburb of Cincinnati. For the Thursday evening meal of his weeklong seminars, it was always Skyline chili topped with Graeters ice cream (double chocolate please) HEAVY MEAL. Usually topped off with Cincinnatti's finest brew, Shoenling Little Kings Cream Ale. Talk about a gas attack the next day. No wonder he waited til end of the week to feed that to us!

Michael

eat at skyline once a week at the same location for over 25 years. montgomery inn twice a month. i usually go for the UDF ice cream. thats United Dairy Farmers here in Norwood. the owner of UDF owns the REDS baseball team. Oprah says Graeters is the best.

(Uncle) Carl Lindner, Jr. owns quite a bit in these parts (Cincinnati). He's kind of the "Richard Corey" around here.

I used to eat at, and grew up around, the first Skyline location. Glenway Ave. near Warsaw Ave. in Price Hill. Had it every week for free. A friend's dad was a bit of a boozer but a real nice man. We would all hang out on the front steps of his house every Saturday while he was drunk and he would tell us every pitch that was made at the Knothole baseball game he coached that morning. Ol' Bud would send me to Skyline to get him four or five with cheese, mustard and light onion. I went via the skateboard (only four blocks away) and by the time I came back (in good time mind ya) Bud would be passed out on his porch. Boy, those things were good!

They tore down the original Skyline and built another building about a half a block away. It's just not the same15.gif ...

United Dairy Farmers (UDF) still has my vote for my favorite ice cream dish. The W.E.B.N., call letters of the local hard rock station ( http://www.webn.com/main.html ). Not sure if they still serve such a dish anymore but some day I'd like to have one again (Type I Diabetes). I actually got to BE the -EBN Frog (guy in the costume) for a few appearances.

Hey let's not forget about another local food....GOETTA!!!

A lot of people ask me what goetta is (even locals) and I just tell them it's sausage-flavored-fried-oatmeal.3.gif We make our own but talk about something that will clog a few arteries!! WOW!9.gif

I always loved UDF also. In fact, it was what I had until I was 16 and able to drive. I still remember my first Graeters ever... Dad & I, downtown, I ordered a choc chip cone...

OMG, I had NO idea the choc chips would be mid sized hershey bars!!!

Fan ever since.

(I usually order the double choc chip when I order some, wife loves the Mocha chip)

1.gif

If you locals ever get to Fairfield / Hamilton area (my REAL hometown), go to Route 4 into hamilton and near Bobmeyer Road (the road that goes to the airport) get a Chesters Pizza!

I'm telling you, if you love a good pizza, Chesters is as good as any. I know there are LaRossa fans blah blah blah... I love em all, but never have I found a place that will put out as good of a Pizza as Chesters. (Though Generous Georges' DOES come in a close second in Washington DC area)

gads, I'm hungry now

----------------

On 3/16/2005 3:14:27 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Nice post. I remember an early photo mentor of mine lives in a suburb of Cincinnati. ----------------

That wouldn't happen to be Wolf Photographic Arts on Gilbert Ave.?? Got a few of his prints here somewhere. He was the one that was able to get me a couple prints that Paul Briol took of Fountain Square and Carew Tower from the 1940's.

----------------

On 3/16/2005 3:14:27 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Talk about a gas attack the next day. No wonder he waited til end of the week to feed that to us!

----------------

Michael-

The same old man (RIP) I talked about in an above post would have the same gas attacks (except he worked the docks at Hudepohl Brewing, now Christian Morlein, a few blocks away) . He and a few other people would have the same bouts with what you had. In their drunken stuper they would exclaim the words "Oh, God.." after each "passing of gas". Through the slurred speach it transformed to "Ooogah!". So now when someone passes gas they have to say "Ooogah!" in honor of Ol' Bud.