most expensive cable

seti

I am just curious but what is the most expensive cable out there? Why do they think it constitutes the hugemongus price? I am curious because I came across this ad on AG today http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?cablintr&1116198333 $8800 new asking $3900; I have never and will never pay more than $200 for any cables well perhaps if they were blessed by the pope or manufactured by barefoot virgins. I belive The weave looks abit tricky but with some help these could be made for way way less.

----------------

On 3/17/2005 4:56:48 PM Painful Reality wrote:

----------------

On 3/17/2005 4:17:16 PM seti wrote:

I belive The weave looks abit tricky but with some help these could be made for way way less.

----------------

oooooh yes!

----------------

I know what you've been weaving LOL !!

Craig

Come to the Klipsch weekend and see if your 90% able to determine whether a 10k pair of cables is better, or can you identify them vs zip cord or simple 12 guage wire.

No to knock all speaker wire, but I think Paul Klipsch had a great button he used to show to identify this snake oil way of thinking? it was two words the first one was Bull Sh.. You figure it out!

Good shielded interconnects, I agree, are a good addition to any system. Even more so today with separates with audio and video to and from the pre amp to the amps. And yes, not all 12 guage wire is the same. (Long term oxidation wise etc., etc.) That said, 10,000.00 spent on speaker wire on very efficient Klipsch speakers, is down right silly!

And the sad thing is...they will find buyers at list...who...next year will get all hot for the next wonder cable (power cord, capacitor of the month, magic beans etc) and trade in to a dealer or auction off and make money off the next over-monied sap...makes me think that being an audiophile, (or parent or Internet user), should require an entrance exam...

"This cable represents the ultimate in design and performance. There is no superior cable in existence to the NBS BLACK LABEL. NBS guarantees this as fact, and truth, or your money back!

This cable is available only from the factory and is handmade by Mr. Fields and the chief technician."

"Asking $1550.00 obo

New Retail $9000.00

For sale are my very awesome, top of the Monitor line, NBS Monitor 0 interconnects - which are recommended for systems above $100,000 "

---------------------------------------

Hope he got $8000 use and enjoyment from those cables before he decided to sell them.....

If you ask me, all of the language involved is suspect.

They are in the business of marketing funny language:

"There is no superior cable in existence to the NBS BLACK LABEL. NBS guarantees this as fact, and truth, or your money back!"

I can just imagine this court case!

"recommended for systems above $100,000 "

Now there is a spec for you. What kind of test equipment told them that?

C&S

Well, you certainly wouldn't want to use it on a lowly system like a couple VRD's, a Blueberry and a set of Klipschorns. You'd never get your money out of it that way. Unless, of course, you had your own clean output power generating station at your house. Then I could see it having some benefits in a substandard system such as that.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/18/2005 1:41:52 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

If you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it.

C&S

----------------

that was said by J.P. Morgan for those of you who didn't know!

----------------

On 3/17/2005 6:47:17 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

"This cable represents the ultimate in design and performance. There is no superior cable in existence to the NBS BLACK LABEL. NBS guarantees this as fact, and truth, or your money back!

This cable is available only from the factory and is handmade by Mr. Fields and the chief technician."

"Asking $1550.00 obo

New Retail $9000.00

For sale are my very awesome, top of the Monitor line, NBS Monitor 0 interconnects - which are recommended for systems above $100,000 "

---------------------------------------

Hope he got $8000 use and enjoyment from those cables before he decided to sell them.....

If you ask me, all of the language involved is suspect.

They are in the business of marketing funny language:

"There is no superior cable in existence to the NBS BLACK LABEL. NBS guarantees this as fact, and truth, or your money back!"

I can just imagine this court case!

"recommended for systems above $100,000 "

Now there is a spec for you. What kind of test equipment told them that?

C&S

----------------

the real joke is that NBS cables consists of Walter Fielding and 4 women who solder cables together for him.... that is the entire company...

and he uses gold plated switchcraft RCA connectors for his high end cables - i used to sell him the connectors for his cables.... about $5.00 each for the connectors

3.gif

and he uses gold plated switchcraft RCA connectors for his high end cables - i used to sell him the connectors for his cables.... about $5.00 each for the connectors

----------------

Now that is funny!

I think I shall build some speakers cables and sell them for $80,000pr lets see I would only need to sell a pair or two a year surely there are that many suckers in the world. I'll need to place an advert in stereophile so I can get some credibility. I'll even have them delivered and installed by the cutest twins you've ever seen.

It's just crazy enough to work.

12.gif