Dealers say Klipsch Suck

jpm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every boutique stereo dealer I ever talk to says Klipsh speakers are lousy. They say the only reason they sell at all is marketing. I mean every one I've ever talked to. Now considering they could easily sell Klipsch if they wanted to, what do they know that we're not willing to admit?

Seriously, I'm wondering why they're hated so much.

That's retailer-ese for "The price is high but our margin is low." They'd much rather resell something to you that has a 300% or 400% margin. Given the rather pedestrian tastes of the public these days, I think they're more interested in lower priced big margin equipment.

Every boutique stereo dealer I ever talk to says Klipsh speakers are lousy. They say the only reason they sell at all is marketing. I mean every one I've ever talked to. Now considering they could easily sell Klipsch if they wanted to, what do they know that we're not willing to admit?

Seriously, I'm wondering why they're hated so much.

That's retailer-ese for "The price is high but our margin is low." They'd much rather resell something to you that has a 300% or 400% margin. Given the rather pedestrian tastes of the public these days, I think they're more interested in lower priced big margin equipment.

I think you are absolutely right. [Y]

....and did you need some "Monster Cables" to go with that? [;)]

Dennie

Last time I went into a Audio Salon (Circa 1998) was in Shreveport La. and they had an absolutely beautiful pair K-Horns being driven by some large Mac amps and 99.9% of the stuff on the market today much less back then could hold a candle to the sound quality of that system. As far as I'm concerned anyone who tells you klipsch speakers sound like crap don't know sh1t from shinola[:D]

Feel free to tell them Kaiser told you so[;)]

If you see my sig I have Klpsch and B&W and they both do what their intended to do but are of different character. I like both and can see, feel and hear the beauty in both[:o]

Reminds me of several years ago while I was travelling and stopped in a hi-end shop in San Diego, B+W, Martin Logan, Thiele

Years ago in San Diego there were three, maybe four high end shops, each with a vastly different clientel.

Stereo Design had Levinson, Quad, Magnapan, etc.

Breyer Sound was across the street and was the long time only Mac and several other line dealer, Klipsch I think as well.

Stereo Unlimited, something like that was kind of the wild store, eventually all high end vinyl.

Now may be somewhat different, but in the past you either fully supported a line or were not allowed to sell it, and selling brand A, might mean you couldn't touch brand C or D etc. In Los Angeles (and a good 50 mile radius) for example I recall only ONE dealer with Klipshorns, Henry Radio in West LA.