The perfect day to stay in and listen to music or watch a movie

jacksonbart

Don't know what the weather is like were you are now, but it has been raining hard and windy all morning and into afternoon, not supposed to stop until mid Sunday.

Looks like the perfect day to watch the Incredibles and listen to my new Susan Tedeschi CD 'Live from Austin TX'.

Hope the weather is better were you are.

yeah, crummy weather here on the left coast too . . . . . in the '70's, the damn sun is out and feels so good, light breeze . . . .girls going to the beach with hardly anything on . . . . so why would you want to stay indoors again???? isn't that what the night is for???

----------------

On 4/2/2005 7:39:02 PM nicholtl wrote:

Pretty nice day today here in LA, so I went out and got another tattoo.----------------

NICK: WHADDID YOU GET? ANYTHING NAKED? 11.gif

I've been sitting here working on the PC programming my Phillips Pronto theater Remote. Oops! I must have pressed the wrong button: I just heard the car start out in the driveway! 9.gif It's been raining and windy here in Detroit all day (just crappy!). I should of hopped a jet to LA and joined you for a scotch at your pad! 2.gif

Nasty, wet and cold this morning. Decided to paint the trim in the hallway that's been prepped for painting the last year.

I've been in a really pissy mood all day. The kid is giving me a wide berth! Even the cat is staying away.

forrest

Edit: This is my 500th post. Freak status. In an odd way, I feel self-actualized now.

TKDAMERICA - no prob, I took one for the team.

GLENN - yes! If you came here, we could've chosen from a nice selection of scotches at my pad! But...seems like you're been having fun with your pronto remote lately! My latest tat was of all 5 of my family's zodiac signs, in an arch across my entire upper back. That's 4 and counting...

KEN - sure, if I die, you get all my gear. Consider it official! By the way, get the HK.

Now that skiing is over, I pretty much spent the day doing some general cleaning up around the house. I was able to dodge the rain drops enough to go out and replace the battery in my truck (as it seemed to decide to pick this moment to die on me).

I then went and watch The Icredibles. I've never seen this before. The movie was friggan awesome.

After that, I pretty much watched some of the stuff I had saved up on my DVR pretty much over the winter (I watched very little, if any, TV during the winter, due to the skiing, work, bowling league, gym, and so forth).

As much as I am bummed that the skiing is over, it is kinda nice to finally get a weekend were I can just stay home and relax. In a way, maybe I am glad the weather turned out to be crap, as I'd most likely would've found myself out hiking somewhere or something. At least this way, I was pretty much made to stay home and get things done around the house that was pretty much put off all winter.

----------------

On 4/3/2005 11:50:12 AM skonopa wrote:

I then went and watch
The Icredibles
. I've never seen this before. The movie was friggan awesome.

----------------

Steve, yeah, this movie blew me away. It's awesome all right...almost as awesome as your music recommendations! Which, by the way, I was wondering if you had anymore of, possibly in the realm of goth-metal? I really like Theater of Tragedy's "Aegis."

(sorry, not meaning to thread-hijack here)

----------------

On 4/3/2005 2:04:15 PM nicholtl wrote:

Which, by the way, I was wondering if you had anymore of, possibly in the realm of goth-metal? I really like Theater of Tragedy's "Aegis."

(sorry, not meaning to thread-hijack here)

----------------

I cannot think of anything specific right off the top of my head at this moment. Some bands you may want to check out along those lines:

Therion

Amorphis

Nightwish

Lacuna Coil

That should be enough to keep you busy for a little bit.

Also to add: If I find something else really cool, I'll try to remember to post it in the current "weekly music recommendations" thread (awesome idea 'thebes' for starting that a few months back 1.gif )