Welcome to Daylight Savings Time..........

.....and the synchronizing of watches in Hope and Indy. Because Indy does not change thier clocks for Daylight Savings Time, Hope and Indy's clocks now show the same time......the same as mine, BTW.

I guess that's what you call being IN PHASE2.gif

And if you forgot to move your clocks forward, and had to be somewhere this morning......you're running late4.gif

It sucks being in such a backward state! Just because of some dairy farmers, we can't follow the country's tradition of gaining an hour of daylight in the summer when we can enjoy it. It also makes travel to/from here difficult and affects our businesses to a great extent.

Just think, at mid summer the sun will be rising at like 5:00 am here- what a waste!

Michael

----------------

On 4/3/2005 8:53:34 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

Michael,

I actually envy you folks in Indy. I'd rather have my extra hour in the morning.
3.gif

----------------

I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. I am personally stoked to now get the extra hour in the evening. Now, especially that the weather should start warming up, I can go do things outside after work with the extra daylight. Nice to be able to go down to the river and such to relax after work.

----------------

On 4/3/2005 8:08:20 AM picky wrote:

...and, don't forget to change those smoke alarm batteries, too!
2.gif

----------------

And put on a fresh pair of undies!

LOL

Many years ago I was listening to a talk radio show from Detroit ( I lived in Windsor,Ontario at the time ). At that time ( ca. 1970 ),whether Michigan should go onto DST was an issue hotly debated every year.

One caller identified himself as a Christian pastor and said that man should not attempt to tamper with God's timekeeping rules. I thought noone was ever going to top that but I was wrong. A few minutes later a woman identifying herself as a teacher got on the blower and in a voice full of indignation said...My grass gets dried out enough without some fool adding an extra hour of daylight.

Both of these folks sounded dead serious about what they were saying!

One nice thing is that my clock now synchronizes with the forums'.

I'd just as soon stick with one time year 'round. About the time you're depressed that it's getting dark at 6 in the fall, WHAM, now it's dark at 5 instead, then 4:30. From what I understand, it originated as a way for farmers to get more work done during the day? Not like it adds more hours of daylight, and I know from experience that those folk are up at the crack of dawn regardless of what the clock says. I wonder if Hallmark sells cards for this?

Hey,

I'm just happy that the car clock is synched-up somewhat to the rest of the world again..

The thought of finding the 3 keys that should be depressed co-currently with pressing the right arrow key had me intimidated beyond all thoughts of reason.....

NO NO NO..

But I'm Ok now....3.gif

Yeah, do you think so?6.gif

I live about 15 miles from the time change in IN,I'm an hour behind just like its been since I was a kid.This summer(June) it is rumoured we will move ahead one hour as the rest of the area south.I've always liked the same time year round,I get to see favorite shows an hour earlier(tonight show)etc.So,I'm gonna disregard the time change.9.gif