What are some good Pc games?

wheelman

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

I will suggest my two current favorite P.C. games. First is a fantasy role-playing type of adventure game called Sacred. I think that the current version is called Sacred Plus. I love the graphics. It is an Isometric fixed view game. The animations and backgrounds are first rate, and it is fun. I like the on-line play also.

The second game is not even out yet, but it features really good 3D graphics and is also a FRP style on line Multi-Player game. It is the game Guild Wars. I have played the preview events and found it to be a real feast for the eyes. It will be available on April, 28.

As they say my $0.02

Good luck and enjoy!

1BB

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope eventually I will have extra money to buy something. Actually my videocard came with the game painkiller, and a bunch of software for dvd burning and viewing, high def ext... I forgot I even had it. I only checked it out for a bit, and it seems pretty cool. When I first got my computer up and running I ordered to small of a power supply for it. It just couldn't handle my graphics card or something. So I had to go to a 550 watter generic still better than the 350 which wouldn't do hardly nothing. I mean it wouldn't rip a cd without beeping and shutting down. As for online play that is out of the question I am guessing with diulup internet.

Cool I will have to try it someday. I get a reading when I go over my two little computers on the average of 50.6 kps usually more like 52, but it's so slow like someones sucking my cpu power. I upgraded to a gig of dual ram. It actually seems slower now than the 256 single I used to have in my old computer. Maybe it's the modem, but it still reads exactly around the same connections. I thought multitasking would smoke but it isn't all that great or even better than the single. It probally makes a huge difference when viewing a movie and playing a game though. I wouldn't know because i didn't have a good enough video card or a dvd player in my last computer.

• 4 months later...

Definately check out Half-Life 2. Another really good shooter with excellent graphics is Far Cry.

For driving games, Need for Speed Underground 1 or 2 is pretty fun. The

games pretty much consist of modding imports & doing a variety of

raceing events. Multi lap races, point a to point b sprints, drag

races, drifting, etc. With some races through traffic. Also, the new

one comes out in Nov, and adds police chases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. I had Half Life 2 sold it. Shouldn't of I bought it used and it had someone elses key. I didn't like that idea I want to go out and buy my own version. I did like it but it seemed kind of slow in the beginning. You can definetely get caught up in that world without even realizing it. I thought it would be a little faster though. I hate waiting for the story line to play out. I just like to get right down to it. I heard that unreal tournment might be the ticket. To bad I have dial up because alot of these games are intended for online action.

oldie but a goodie

Diablo 2 lord of destruction. In my opinion one of the best games ever made

Right on

Even with the dated graphics Diablo Lord of destruction is a pure CLASSIC. I fully enjoyed all Diablo games and expansion packs,I will be the first in line for a third Diablo.

Dungeon Siege both the first and second are great hack and slash games.

Morrowind is a nother marvel with its two expansion packs.Heck I have over 240 original games,from Ultima 1 to today's latest.

A regular joystick wouldn't work out too good. A regular gamepad can

work quite well, or if you like the PS2 controllers, adapters are

available to convert them to USB. If you REALLY want to do fighting

games on the PC right, you need something like this :

http://www.hanaho.com/products/HotRodJoystick/overview.html

I don't think this one is USB, but there are USB ones out there. Or for

the do it yourself types, you could buy arcade sticks & buttons

from a distributor like Happs, do some woodworking, and wire it up to

USB with a product from http://www.ultimarc.com/

Only problem is that there hasn't been much in the way of fighting

games for the PC for a long time. For the most part, any good fighting

games only make their way to the consoles. The exception to this is

something like MAME, which is an emulator for acrade hardware, which

lets you run the actual arcade games (not ports) on the PC.

Sorry never played any fighting games of the PC.

Some of the best games of all times...

Deux Ex 1 and 2

System Shock 1 and 2

Ultima Underworld 1 and 2

All six are MASTERPIECE level,and willl pull you in so much you will have to finish each with no cehats and will want to discover all the hidden things in each.I have layed so many PC and console games in my life and these rank high on my overall best of the best game list.

Also...

Flashback the Quest for Identity is a must play for console fanatics.

Out of This World 1 and 2 again same team who gave us Flashback

These are oldies,but gameplay and stoty was so good,you had to finish them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought Deus Ex for .99 cents waiting it's arrival. Even though the graphics may be out dated just about every review I read said, and with EXTREME enthusiasm it was the best game ever made. I got an excellent deal on that one anyhow. Thanks Ear I will have to look at the others, and everyone elses picks.