Popp'n HK430

justin_tx_16

So I am still loving my HK430, rocking my world.

Only one problem. It makes a pop every once-in-a-while. It is not a source issue (no sources connected and it happens) or power (tried different outlets plus a power cleaner etc).

It does not seem to have any one thing that causes the pop and it is not loud, if you play music you cannot hear it.

Could it just be an old receiver and it has that problem? It does not stop popping even after fully heating up either.

Thanks for ideas!

(plus, I really want a cheap (<$250) turntable for the HK430. Any ideas?

Oh, the tuner is not doing so hot either. I have a ten foot 14 guage speaker cable connected to the FM antennea clips, I jimmy-rigged it hehe. What should I get to make this work better? Rabbit ears or I have read about the ones from radio shack that I think are even powered. Or there is always the option of the antennae adapter for your cable TV line in the walls, use that as the antennae.

And, thanks again for the help! :)

I want to know how classes are going.

I just bought an H/K 730 from Jim Cornell. He will be shipping it along on of these days after he gets my check. It will be nice to try out.

How is the humidity? Do you have any stray bare wires that happen to be shorting the output? Maybe get some Deoxit and try cleaning all the pots and switches again.

Marvel

Justin,

I can hook you up with a turntable when you get out west. If you're not opposed to doing a little fix-up, I have a Music Hall MMF-2.1 I'll give you (needs a cartridge and an anti-skate weight).

Humidity here is not bad yet, it does this year round now, been going on for a few months, freezing cold and dry or burning up and humid.

How are classes?

Well last semester rocked my world. Just amazing GPA.

Then at the end of it, I was dumped! We had been dating for about 8 months, families knew each other, we had been best friends, just incredible... and BAM, not dating anymore. I was severely depressed, cried everyday for a month, yeah, not afraid to admit it haha.

Then I got sick, pneumonia the first week of February and add on strep throat and caustocondritis... then pneumonia for a few more MONTHS and a few seizures and a massive panic attack at a fraternity event...

Adds up to Justin missed about 90% of this school year to hospitals and bedrest.

I am withdrawing from school here for a while, moving up to California for a fresh start away from the ex, away from the frat, away from a lot of my problems until I can get better, physically, emotionally and mentally. I plan to go to school in California of course.

Anyways, way more information than I bet you cared to know haha.

I will take a turn table anyday! More later, I am off to start baking, three birthdays today that I am baking cakes for. My friends come to me for five things...

Help with electronics (home theater/computer/etc)

Help with personal problems (from emotions to judicial reviews hehe)

Help with writing (I am a mad-good copy editor! (when I care...))

Help with cooking (It is in my blood! I make an incredible creme brulee haha)

That's four I guess... they mistakedly come to me for Help with counting.

I was on the phone with Andy a few years ago for hours talking. During our talks he told me about all of the fuses, I replaced all of them that night, he talked to me as I drove to RadioShack and then home and then in the HK430 and listened over the phone to both channels working again. LoL what a night!

The HK430 has a very poor power supply rejection ratio, even brand new they would make random 'pops' in response to junk on the power line.

Turntables that have auto shut-off will sometimes 'pop', and sometimes be quiet, it depends to a certain extent where in the sine wave for the line voltage the thing decides to shut off at.

Learn to live with it.

Justin,

Where the heck you been? How has college been treating you? Man its been a long time since I seen you post. Hope things are doing well for you.

What ever became of the Knight amp I sent you? If its collecting dust send it back I'll give it to someone to put it to use.

Craig