• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/25/2005 7:07:35 PM jacksonbart wrote:

sputnik

When where you in China?, awesome pic.

----------------

Thanks. I was last there in January but the picture is from October. We are working a joint venture to form a geotechnical and environmental engineering company in the Guizhou Province - one of the poorest regions. I guess we're trying to outsource our own jobs.

Here is an early evening shot of the Hong Kong harbor.

HKharbor.jpg

Here's the power plant I grew up near (NiMo in Dunkirk, NY)20050112_dunkirk.jpg

And here's the one my kid will grow up near (AES Somerset). Cleaner, anyhow.plant2.gif

It's too bad we both had to grow up 30 minutes from this, otherwise we'd really have cheap, clean power:

Niagara%20Falls.jpg

This is a picture of where I work, although this was taken in 1948. It was a hotel, and is located on top of Lookout Mnt, GA. In the background you can see off into Alabama. It looks a bit different now, with other buildings around it.

They called it the "Castle in the Clouds", the Lookout Mountain Hotel. Now it houses dorm rooms and administraive offices for Covenant College.

hotel_48.jpg

Here is a shot that is more recent. The son of a faculty member took it while hang gliding. We have a world class hang gliding facility a few miles south on the nountain.

covenant8.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread Michael, it prompted me to finally get started scanning my old slides. Lets see some more. Here a couple more of mine.

Brooklyn Bridge viewed from our table at the Windows on the World Restarant at the World Trade Center - October 2000. (hand held long exposure)

bbwtc.jpg

From our last trip to San Fran.

gg bridge.jpg