vertical cornwall???

r.cherry

those are so cool, i knew the cornwall was prior to the chorus and forte i thought perhaps the vertical cornwall came into production between the regular corn and the later chorus and forte models as a sort of progression to change the footprint to something smaller?.? anyhow i had not heard of the vertical style and find it nice. thanks all, i will try to do more searching and less bothering.

Weren't ALL Cornwalls vertical in the early days? And then they became an "option" some time later with the "Cornwall 2" designation? My 1964 Cornwalls are vertical with no "2" designation.

Has anyone seen a pre-1965 Cornwall that ISN'T vertical?

Just wondering . . .

Weren't ALL Cornwalls vertical in the early days? And then they became an "option" some time later with the "Cornwall 2" designation? My 1964 Cornwalls are vertical with no "2" designation.

I think you're right there Allan!

My 63's are vertical with the red arrows on the back to show you which end is up in each orientation.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when verticals were produced later, so perhaps it was custom orders only. I've heard that they went to the horizontal horn orientation for production purposes, so they wouldn't have to manufacture, store and ship matching mirror imaged pairs.

Michael

THere is a problem with the II labeling. For quite a while, Klipsch used the preprinted CW labels and hand wrote the II in red felt marker, which fades to nothing in a few years. THerefore, many folks who think they have later year CW's actually have II's.

I don't know of any way to tell the difference from the cabinet engineering, etc. It's a total hodgepodge!

Michael

THere is a problem with the II labeling. For quite a while, Klipsch used the preprinted CW labels and hand wrote the II in red felt marker, which fades to nothing in a few years. THerefore, many folks who think they have later year CW's actually have II's.

I don't know of any way to tell the difference from the cabinet engineering, etc. It's a total hodgepodge!

Michael