Can I use Boiled Linseed Oil on a Lacquer Finish?

I have two HWO speakers that I have re-applied the BLO finish to with great results. I have just picked up a single HWL for my rear center channel that works fine but I would like to get the finish back on it. Can I prep it and apply BLO to it like I did with the others or do I have to do something different because of the lacquer finish?

Also the HWL is a good bit darker then the HWO speakers. Is this a normal result of the different finishing process? This is not a big deal to me just curious.

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

Do NOT use BLO on a laquered finish. I highly recommend Murphy's Wood Soap. Very easy to apply and it will darken the finish a bit. Just read the directions carefully.

I used Murphy's on my 25 year old laquered zebrawood and they looked like new again.

I agree with these guys..

BLO is basically some sort of OIL. Your lacquer finishes dry to a somewhat hard finish and I just couldnt imagine them blending together at all.

I've used BLO for years on my oak 4.2's until satin polyurethane became my choice for a low shine finish that could be easily dusted.

I'll jump in here since I just refinished one (bleached out)side of my Walnut Lacquer Cornwalls. Outcome was real good, but you'll need that Deft spray Lacquer in Semi-gloss and quite a bit of patience and No you should not mix the Laquered finish with BLO. You could, ever so carefully remove the lacquer, which I have done successfully, because the previous owner actually applied some Polyurethane...arghh!, to this bleached out side. You can also take some lacquer thinner liberally applied to a rag (keep it fresh) and wipe in the direction of the grain to stir it back up; I would try this first, but be careful to not apply too much pressure during the wipe (as is most always the case). I'll post another pic below.

BS