"Supersize Me"

Joe Shmoe

On the advice of a friend I rented this over the weekend. All I can say is WOW! I don't think I will be having any chicken Mcnuggets any time soon lol.

This movie came about I guess after the attempted lawsuit some people had against McDonalds for making them fat? The judge threw out the case saying the plantiffs had no concrete proof that it was McDonalds fault. (Forgive me if I don't have that quite right, but it's something like that). Anyway, the director of this independent style documentary decided he would do his own research to come to a conclusion. So in the process, he decides to eat nothing but McDonalds for 30 days straight... breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

I won't go into any more detail about what happened, but I'm sure you can partly imagine... but to the extent?

This was a really good film & although mostly factual, it was quite humerous. I really recommend this film to everyone... especially all you fast food junkies (myself included) :).

Your not SUPPOSED to eat BigMacs EggMcMuffins or Whoppers or pizza or fries or anything exclusively for an entire month. I go on road trips with friends of mine to pick up salvage aircraft and the rule is only one fast food meal per day tops.

Dave H

Unfortunately, fast food is well marketed, and there are people that eat it every day. Most adults are quite capable of making their own decisions, and it is not up to the general public (or me) to tell them what to eat, or not to eat.

However, the movie was quite alarming, in the rate of deterioration of the health of Morgan Spurlock, over the 30 day Mcdiet. Of course, he made sure that he did not exercise, and even had food delivered.

I was channel surfing one night...and saw this was on....stopped surfing for a bit to see what it is about...and well...got hooked...and watched entire thing

Really different and will make ya think a bit about corporate America and what they do to hook children to their products....

Watch it if you have kids....you will try more and more to pass up MCKY Ds!

After watching this, the next few days thinking about it--I was annoyed by it. Morgan Spurlock is just a few more movies like this away from becoming Michael Moore.

All the dramatic portrayals of the big corporation (McDonalds) scheming to kill the little man with their food are right up Michael Moore fans' alley. Why did he have to show his barf after he spewed his dinner out of the car window? Why did he overeat to get to the point where he had to blow chunks anyway? His nutritionist was too gorgeous to take seriously, and his "vegan" girlfriend was a real whiner. Bet they don't like Bush and his corporate cronies!! That's the next movie--

There are alot of good points made--the french fries looking fresh after a month is scary--but this kind of documentary with an agenda doesn't inform. It preaches. And I think most people that want to live a few years know to stay away from fast food--

----------------

On 5/9/2005 10:24:42 AM toddvj wrote:

You were channel surfing and saw it? Is it even out on cable yet?

----------------

YEah....I forget what channel....I thinnk it was free preview weekend of shotime or starz....on DirecTV....

"After watching this, the next few days thinking about it--I was annoyed by it. Morgan Spurlock is just a few more movies like this away from becoming Michael Moore."

Actually I guess Chris Rock already covered that at the Grammy's or whatever that award show was that he hosted. I guess he said something like the movie should have been done by Michael Moore because it looks like he's done enough research lol.

This Movie really does make you think & make you more aware of what your'e putting into your body... I haven't been able to go to MCDonalds since I watched it... I'm hooked on Subway, Jared would be proud :)

Dave... Yeah let me know when your'e in town!