Cornwalls (?) for sale in Colorado

I called earlier. They're walnut oil Cornwalls. Not sure if CI or CII - recent death in sellers family (reason for sale) so I didn't want to be too pushy up front. I'm going to call back later. I'm happy with my Fortes. I don't need em but I'll be going to Denver soon anyway and......... Somebody talk me out of this.

"I'm happy with my Fortes."

As PWK would say, Bullsh..1.gif Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this conversation...hehe.

"Somebody talk me out of this"

Hard to do, unless they really are $1500 for the pair, then pass. 750 per pair in good condition? Can't talk you out of that.

Nice avatar there, Thump16.gif

----------------

On 5/11/2005 11:23:52 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

.................Did you call back? What happened?

Don't let anyone talk you out of replacing Fortes with Cornwalls. I love the Fortes, but the original Cornwalls would be a major upgrade IMO.

Rick.

----------------

Yeah, I called back. Thanks for posting the ad by the way. It's sort a delicate time for the sellers family but they said that they are in good condition and they looked very nice in the pics that they sent. Walnut with cane grills. Cornwall IIs bought in 1985 or 1986 with sequential serial numbers. The price is $750 for the pair and my brother can pick them up. Nothing is final but I'm going to call back tomorrow. I honestly can't imagine anything better than what I have now but the majority opinion here certainly favors the Cornwall. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing or maybe I should leave well enough alone - the Fortes would have to go. If all goes well, I'll certainly owe you one.

Well, I went ahead and did it. Money order went out today. I won't see them til late June. Here is a pic the seller sent - it's sort of blurry but if you step back and cross your eyes, they come into focus. Our room size is marginal for these (18x24), but it'll be fun checking them out. I like the walnut and cane. Thanks for the input - it pushed me over. Special thanks to the man with the towel.

cocorns1.jpg

18 x 24 is plenty of breathing room for these Mighty Cornwalls. Use a wide stance if possible on the long wall. I'd say maybe 12-15 feet apart, pulled in from the corners, toed in slightly- for starters...

Have fun, you're going to love them. THey look pretty nice from the photos, best I can tell.

Michael

----------------

On 5/12/2005 9:12:56 PM sputnik wrote:

Well, I went ahead and did it. Money order went out today. I won't see them til late June. Here is a pic the seller sent - it's sort of blurry but if you step back and cross your eyes, they come into focus. Our room size is marginal for these (18x24), but it'll be fun checking them out. I like the walnut and cane. Thanks for the input - it pushed me over. Special thanks to the man with the towel.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/cocorns1.jpg">

----------------

You are welcome, and those are some fine looking speakers! The cane grills look really nice. I bet you'll be selling the Fortes next month.

Rick.

Just heading over to Missoula for the weekend to attend my niece's graduation. Just wanted to check the forum this morning to see if BSA is still harrassing me in the "best insult" thread 9.gif .

Thanks again for the input on the Cornwalls sounds like they're going to work out well in our room. Gilbert, if for some strange reason they don't work for the room, I'll let you know.

I talked to the gentleman that was the original owner. Apparently he had several other pairs of Klipsch in his house that he sold and/or gave away. Probably Heresies - he wasn't sure. Anyway, he used the Cornwalls in his dining room and chose the finish to match their teak funiture. He said that he only played the "classics" on these. Doesn't sound like these have ever been abused. Can't wait to see them.

----------------

On 5/14/2005 8:45:01 AM sputnik wrote:

Gilbert, if for some strange reason they don't work for the room, I'll let you know.

----------------

Witnesses, I have witnesses here. You all heard my boy Spud.....Dibs, I got dibs! Sputnik, you won't like'em, I'm sure of it, so just hand them over now..2.gif

Seriously, you are going to fall in love. Those are the cats meow, and you stole them at that price. What a deal, WHAT A DEAL!

Just a quick footnote. My brother picked up the Cornwalls Saturday morning. He said they were 10/10 cosmetically. He is a critical, detail oriented, perfectionist and he could not find any flaws. He took them home, hooked them up, and was so impressed that he listened to them until 1:30 in the morning and then through the next day. I might change my work schedule to get down to Denver next week just so that they don't grow roots in his livingroom. I might have to give him my Fortes.

When Thumplestiltskin posts, all should listen. Rick, thanks for posting these ads. It seems like it could be frustrating for you from time to time but I'm sure everyone appreciates what you do (especially me). I just have one question for you. Do you think that you would look better in the blue short sleeve polo shirt or the rugby shirt avaiable at this fine boutique? Send me a PM and let me know which one, the size, and the shipping address.

1.gif

Rick has turned many of us on to a fine purchase. Keep reading and posting Rick- it's all good!

Michael

btw, nice gesture with the 'fine botique' wear! Didja notice they took the old junk away the the polo shirts are a NEW ITEM! GO AMY!!

Sputnik,

That is so cool that the Cornwalls are in that kind of condition, especially after buying them "sight-unseen". I can't wait to hear what you think after comparing them to your Fortes.

I'm glad when someone gets a good deal from one of my posts. It doesn't bother me at all to post these ads, but I'm sure some folks get tired of seeing them all the time. Most of the ads aren't useful to anyone, and of the ones that are, it's only helpful to the buyer. That's why I always try to put the model, price and location in the header..... so nobody has to waste their time on the details if the deal is too far away, too high priced, or not what they're looking for.

That's really nice of you to offer to send me a shirt, and while I don't want to discourage you from buying something from the Klipsch "boutique", you certainly don't have to get me anything. I mean, what would I do with an extra-large, long sleeved, Klipsch baseball Tee shirt anyway?2.gif

Rick.

I too enjoy hooking folks up with Klipsch speakers and make every effort to bring what I find to the forum.

Thanks Rick, I read all your FS posts!

My best one so far is Kenratboy's Chorus II's for $100 right in his hometown. Not bad considering I am over 2000 miles away.

I think I have led or pushed at least four people into Khorn's so far, its all good!

Gilbert you KILL me. Yes we all witnessed. You got dibbs! How many Cornwalls will YOU be satisfied with? I'll have 7 in the house shortly, with 6 LS and probably 30 other speakers. I'm gonna have to move to a bigger place again soon, I tell ya!

My house is starting to look like that guys' mom's on the 'My Mom is Insane' thread!

Michael

DId you see the slabs of wood in that photo with the Corns? This guy apparently loves wood, bet those are beauties!