who do these ebay sellers think they are anyway

jesus im tired of sellers that think it is ok to change the rules after you win an auction, in the last 3 days i have won 2 auctions for reel to reel decks, and the first sellr politely adds i only ship on saturdays but i want payment5 within 3 days( what the heck is tis guy thinking ) hurry up and send me the money and by the way i will ship this at my leisure, needless to say i informed this person i would pay on friday if he insists on waiting a full week to ship so he backs out and tells ebay we mutually agree not to follow thru, now last night i win a teac 1000 R and discrip says lubed, new belts, aligned, all functions checked 100 percent ready to plug and play (cool) i email asking for total response i get is , i will be doing a pre ship check up , it will take a few days i will send pics blah blah blah!!!!!!!im thinking what the hell here, so i email this person and ask hey you describe the deck as ready to go now it looks as though you sell them and then take time to work on them, i mean whats up with guys like this ? anyone know of any place to report the froudulant advertisements like this 10.gif Joe

I have found the following questions which unless already expressly and specifically stated in the auction description, I always I ask before bidding to be a great help in avoiding misunderstandings. If the seller fails to respond or seller's answers are not sufficient (sometimes intentionally vague), incomplete, or not satisfactory I DO NOT BID!

What is the Nominal Impedance rating (4 ohms, 6 ohms, 8 ohms, etc)?

What, if anything, would prevent these from being accurately described as being in perfect mint condition? (What I mean is, do the speaker foam, cones, covers, cabinets, grills, crossovers, or hardware have any physical or functional problems, damage, flaws, or imperfections).

Is there any evidence that these have been subject to exposure to direct sunlight, moisture, water, or mold and is there any musty, smoke, or other odors emanating from these?

Are all of the parts the original-equipment Klipsch factory installed components and are all three speakers and crossovers in each cabinet working properly?

Have any of the original components ever been replaced, repaired, modified, or altered in any way?

What are the two serial numbers and/or date of manufacture on these?

While I do not see them pictured, will these ship in their original cartons and/or with their original owner's/operator's instruction/user manuals and papers?

Please confirm that you will have this unit packaged inside a protective carton for immediate shipping upon your receipt of my payment.

Whats up with these guys? There's alot of inconsiderate turds in the world.Whenever I sell an item I feel its my duty to get it to them as quick as I would like to get it.I have sent many items the same day I was paid,I understand thats not always practical but I do if at all possible.

And I AGREE Audiogon/Videogon has a MUCH better group of buyers/sellers,my favorite.

I won't even begin to try to disagree with any of the opinions here regarding too many on EBay! And you are correct!

There is NO reliable protection on EBay. Without going outside EBay, the best you can do is IGNORE Paypal and pay by credit card. But few sellers are set up with merchant accounts and if you read the PayPal agreement, you wave all credit card protection! Please check out www.paypalsucks.com for much more very detailed insight! And you will understand the "no Paypal" logos! Believe it or not, the sellers are victimized worse then the buyers by Paypal!

But I will suggest that for anything that is not a 'simple' transaction without room for substantial problems (and electronics, etc. never are!), that you ONLY use www.escrow.com.

Using a legitimate escrow site (and be careful, as there have been scams with phony escrow companies! But www.escrow.com is legit!!!!) If it isn't exactly as represented and exactly as you desire, it goes back and your money is returned!

Using this method, you can't lose! And all the horror stories would be anecdotal. And few will send crap that they know will be rejected!

It offers you a chance to examine the gear and to make sure that it's exactly as you desire! And use this service at Audiogon as well! It can be used with any transaction!!!!!!!!!!!

Geesh, I feel like I should earn a commission from escrow.com, but they are THAT GOOD!

So cover your rear using an escrow transaction and I hope you find exactly what you want!1.gif

i have dealt on ebay for over 3 years have in excess of 500 feedback, bought and sold hundreds of items and i have always shipped items within 48 hours at the most and always notified buyers there items were shipped out and provided tracking info., i simply cant understand the since of selfimportance these people have to feel for themselves, i got my reply from the later seller " i serviced this a year ago, and want to check it to be sure everything is ok, this is how i keep my 100 percent rating", funny thing is this guy buys and sells reel to reel decks and has sold several of the teac 1000R so i pretty much know this response is B.S.10.gif joe