Khorn White Sale in Detroit area

DizRotus

Emails are being exchanged with the seller to arrange an audition and viewing on some Sunday PM. Ill let everyone know if a time is scheduled.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Wes,

I like the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Ark vs. Titanic comparison. It's clever and thought provoking. The following is not meant to nitpick, but to share some thoughts prompted by your interesting signature.

By built I assume that youre including the design of the Titanic. According to the Bible, the Ark was designed by God, but built by Noah and family. The Titanic was designed by Thomas Andrews, but built by the workers at Harland and Wolff Shipyard in Belfast.

Its my understanding that the Titanics fatal design flaw was "individual" compartments that were open at the top, like a giant ice cube tray. When the glancing blow from the berg sliced open multiple compartments, they filled in series and spilled over sequentially into adjacent compartments that had not been breached, which caused the bow to go under.

Its also likely that striking the berg straight on would have damaged the bow, but that the ship would have been able to limp to port safely. Unfortunately, the natural reaction to attempt to avoid the collision was probably the wrong one. Theres another metaphor; confront lifes obstacles head on rather than trying to avoid them.

Enough Sunday AM philosophizing, time to crank up the Cornwalls. Wheres Kind Of Blue?

The seller has been contacted by a "buyer" who promises to send the asking price in a week, but whom he suspects to be an offshore scam artist. If he doesn't get his money, he'll contact me about an audition. If structurally complete and solid, theyre worth approximately a grand despite their bizarre cosmetics.

If anyone is interested in these let me know. I have no room for them.

----------------

On 5/24/2005 8:43:35 PM BS Button wrote:

Those things have got to be, by far, the ugliest, most outrageous, idiotic, detremental to your health, gorpy, gross, tackiest, Khorns that I have ever seen. How much for the pair?

----------------

Just close your eyes and listen with a big smile 9.gif .

The seller just emailed me to let me know that the reefer madness Khorns are still available. I'm trying to schedule an audition for Sunday 6/5 in the early PM or Monday 6/6 in the early to later PM.

I'll report my observations and impressions.

Anyone who is also interested in attending please send an email to nkdisney@comcast.net and I'll let you know the details of the viewing/audition.

My first impression was to say something cutting: they need pink flamingos. There is some aspect of a Florida sun room to them. On second viewing, the color and cabnetry works well enough.

Seriously, I have some big speaker cabinets which I painted white. They are sort of camoflagued in a normal room with white walls. I suppose this is one reason why refrigerators are that color.

My next thought is that perhaps they need a big mirror on the front to be stealthy. I don't see how to work that with a treble horn though.

Smile,

Gil