Khorn White Sale in Detroit area

DizRotus

I hadn't noticed that these had no top. They must have been integrated into a set of wall cabinets and obviously designed to match them. It would have been interesting to see them installed from whence they came. My guess would be a country french manor.1.gif

A bit expensive for being too weird.

Nice to see "SHAPE" chime in. Still liking the Fourplay CD he recommended.

I have come to the realization my current room just would be nuts trying to incorporate K Horns; unless I could find a pair that needed a good home for cheap. Much less than $ 2000 for sure.

----------------

On 5/18/2005 11:55:33 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

A bit expensive for being too weird.

----------------

Flynn,

Amen to that. I seem to remember admiring your nice corners for Khorns. Even more flexibility if false corners were used. BTW still enjoying Ben Harper and The Blind Boys of Alabama!

They would likely be a good by in the $1200 range if mechanically and electronically sound. Add tops, then color match to decor...the potential is there, if the price was right.

Wes

If anyone is interested, I could try to arrange an audition. They're in the neighborhood.

Perhaps Shape and Flynn and Craig and/or others and I in the area could check out these Frigidaire Horns and then disect them over a beer or coffee or bottled H2O.

Shape, would you remind me how to paste photos directly into a post? I've forgotten how.

Actually they look pretty nice to me.

The mods would not fit with my decor but if one had the right decor they would fit nicely. The grill treatments do not appear to be a serious hindrance to the sound distribution.

That "eccentric" covering might well provide a Khorn lover an opportunity to buy a pair of Khorns below current market values.

take a look at the side panels they added i dont see where they mitred them and that would cause the speakers to not seal correctly as everyone says needs to be done for good sound and the way they attached the gaudy cabinetry to the original box could be a huge problem if you wanted to take these back to original TALK ABOUT KILLING VALUE????10.gif Joe

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I really have to get my wife to let me give away the piano before the K Horns would fit. Flynn, I had completely forgotten about the piano.

DizRotus,

I wouldnt mind checking them out with someone, but Sundays are the only time I have available. I will be working this Saturday and the auction closes that afternoon.

Shape, would you remind me how to paste photos directly into a post? At work now, but Ive got some instructions on my home PC, so shoot me an email with your address and Ill get a copy to you later this evening.

Gary, lynnm & Joe

Looks like they were probably recessed in corners and the room had Wainscot Panels installed. I agree they are not bad, but they are definitely very odd or different, and if I were negotiating with the seller I would pitch that difference to and begin at $1000 with $1200 as my highest price. Of course my judgment maybe clouded by already owning a pair.

Wes

As expected, no bidders on the reefers. I sent an email (before the end of the auction) asking about the possibility of seeing and hearing the speakers. He replied that he'd contact me if they didn't sell. He just sent another email.

I have no space for them, but I'd be happy to check them out for others here who might be interested.

----------------

On 5/22/2005 7:49:21 AM NOSValves wrote:

Shapeshifter,

Been while since I seen you post. You still up for swapping some amps for a week? Maybe this summer sometime?

Craig

----------------

Craig,

You bet! Still very much interested in doing that. Had been wanting to make contact, but been busy the past two months and know you are too.

Some time this summer would be great.

Wes