Suggestions on rolling 6Sn7's?

arthurs

I upgraded my 6SL7's and I am about to upgrade my 6SN7's. I took advice from members of this forum and George Wright and went with Sylvania Chrome top 6SL7wgtb's. The bass was much improved after putting these in my amps. I plan on buying similar 6SN7's as well for my wright pre. I think I am going to get Bob to upgrade my crossovers next and then get the new 6SN7 tubes later....hmm Need more money for this money pit of a hobby : )

Electro Harmonix makes a very good new production 6sn7, its was one of my favorites when I had a Cary amp. As for NOS I would check out some of the Sylvanias which are very good. There are so many variations that I cant really reccomend a specific one. Lots of info on the net about these tubes just do a search and check out the Audioasylum.com tube forum

which preamp? tube rolling is SO circuit specific that IMHO anyone who says "this tube is best", etc. is stuffed full of cookies. FWIW in my system the two best 6SN7s were a 1940´s Hyvac (tungsol) and a brand new EH6SN7...regards, tony

In my Assemblage SET300B, I like the RCA JAN 6SN7 GT V-231 dark glass best!

Second is the Sylvania with the same labeling, and I have a round plate Tungsol that is desireable from what I have read, but I think it is a little too detailed aka bright. Kenrads are fun to roll in too. My 2 cents.

Regards,

Steve