Finally took the plunge into Heritage

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Evening everyone-

Well, I did it..... I bought a pair of Heresy I off e-bay. They need some work and parts, but I enjoy tinkering around with this stuff. After I re-finish in the shop and replace tweeters and midranges I will size them up to my current speakers and see what I like better. Maybe even have Deang do some magic. (for those of you who don't know, my family owns a contracting company and a custom cabinet making company, so I luckily have the know-how and all the possible tools). Anyways, I will post more when I know more.

Best,

George

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Afternoon-

Bad news I am afraid.... The seller refuses to sell me them and won't respond to my e-mails. All he told me was that is going to re-list the item....

I am going to try again sometime soon, but I am pretty upset with the situation right now.

Also, I don't use the quintets at all anymore. I have my 2 channel system that I use daily. The HT gets used maybe once every 2 weeks if that.

Best,

George

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/23/2005 2:28:45 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

which sale were you interested in? Tell us and we'll all bad mouth his relist for you. why do people on ebay get so greedy? You say it was a done deal and he pulled out?

Michael

----------------

It was the auction from our honest "bamhead" auctioneer on ebay, "PAIR VINTAGE KLIPSCH HERESY SPEAKERS VGC-NR-9.99" Item number: 5775067926. You know the very good condition pair that sounds great (Still can't figure out his logic.).

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/23/2005 3:12:00 PM boomer9911 wrote:

congrats and welcome to the Heritage Family...
10.gif

----------------

I think 8.gif is more appropriate!

----------------

On 5/23/2005 1:57:34 PM Gramas701 wrote:

Afternoon-

Bad news I am afraid.... The seller refuses to sell me them and won't respond to my e-mails. All he told me was that is going to re-list the item....

I am going to try again sometime soon, but I am pretty upset with the situation right now.

Also, I don't use the quintets at all anymore. I have my 2 channel system that I use daily. The HT gets used maybe once every 2 weeks if that.

Best,

George

----------------

Post his E-mail address. Perhaps some "polite" reminders of his obligations as a seller will bring him around.

oh no, not this idiot again. I email him that he better conclude his sale with the winning bidder who met his reserve. Otherwise there are a dozen guys willing to report him to ebay.

Dad always taught me to 'Follow through...'

Michael

George, Just gig that sucker with a well worded negative feedback. I was just looking at that auction again and it appears from both the picture showing the fence behind the speaker with the grill off through the K-700 and the "seller's" reply to questions that there is a K-55 missing too.

By the time you spend the $200 you will need to buy drivers plus restore the boxes, you can by a pristine pair of the same vintage from an honest vendor.

MHO YMMV.

We'll all keep an eye out for a pair for you.

Rick

with what you paid for these and what it will take to fix, I know of a pair right now that you can get for 350. An add ran in our paper last week and they wanted 450 for a pair of heresys. They did not get it and I am sure they would sell them for 350. you pay the shipping and I will get them to you, I know you want pictures. I will see what I can do.

Guest Anonymous

Mandi-

Anything you can do for me would be great! If you check them out, I will trust your judgement and we can work someting out. e-mail me if you get a chance.Well you are right about it being the same price in the end to fix them and all of that, but I was looking forward to messing around with them, but I lost them and that is it. I have already bid on another pair, but if Mandi can help me out that would be terrific.

At this point, I don't even want those speakers, and I don't want to complain to e-bay because I don't even want them anymore. I also do not want to leave him negative feedback at the expense of getting negative feedback in return. I only have a score of 14 and 1 negative would be brutal to my percentage score.

Anyways, Thanks for the help and also any help that may come in the near future. I will keep you all posted when I finally get my hands on a pair.

Best,

George