HELP.....Anybody Very Familiar with LUXMAN

Gilbert

----------------

On 5/25/2005 6:01:17 PM sunnysal wrote:

het terry tell me a little about the MQ-60...what tubes does it use? do you still use it? describe the sound...gonna sell it?
;)

regards, tony

----------------

Tony,

It is my first tube amp and I will not compare anything with anything that I listen to outside of my environment.

But I very much like what I hear. I do use it, in and out with the M-117's. Not being a tube guy, its hard to describe the sound, but I keep going back to it. Very clean, super sound-stage, amazing bottom end for the watts.(or lack of) Uses NEC tubes, and they are easy to find if you read and speak Japanese.

At this time, I would not sell it...BUT would trade for a 7-T preamp.

2.gif2.gif

Terry

I got to use one of those with some Belle Klipsch at a party a friend of mine was having in Laredo, TX in the early 80's. We were spinning vinyl with a Denon DP-62L through it and it was incredible sounding.

Quite possibly the one of the best sounding receivers that I had ever heard at the time. I always loved the very classy Luxman styling.

That 505 amplifier up above looks awesome! Very sweet!

Thanks for the heads up. I've done a little research from the leads I received here. That one setup CB turned me onto is very tempting, but I haven't heard back from the seller yet.

If I don't hear from him before some ebay items come to a head, I'm going to snag that T 110 FM tuner, and the M117 amp. Both those components come with high recommendations from several Luxman review sites. The bonus is that the amp is located only 60miles from my doorstep, and she'll feed 200W x 2. So no shipping, and I can listen to it before the $$$ leaves my hands.

If my direction ends up going the ebay rought,... I'll just wait for one of the better preamps you mentioned Guy. I much prefer individual components.

With a little luck, the work shop/garage will be thumping in month or less. Hope, hope!

Thanks Rick,

I gave them a shout, and left a message. We'll see what comes out of it.

CB,

That fella in Qubec still hasn't responded since I last spoke with him. I'll give him another shout, and see if he comes through.

See Ya!!