Stuff for sale

Deang

The PD5's are already gone. What's left as follows:

Type A's with GE motor runs on Baltic Birch plywood (one coat flat black, two coats satin black). Updated autoformers, Erse Super Q steel laminate LF inductor, and a film and foil bypass cap on the tweeter can. All connections soldered. $225 shipped.

Type AA's with Jensen paper in oil capacitors on sanded/waxed Cedar boards. $395 shipped.

Near mint Quicksilver Mono-60's. EL-34 based, cathode biased monoblocks. Solid state rectified, with B+ Spragues upgraded from 350uF to 700uF. Very good 3D imaging, with a smooth top and and better than decent bottom end grip. These amps matched up well with the Jensen AA's. $865.00 shipped.

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=37157&

post-3205-13819266244088_thumb.jpg

If I knew I'd have the job that I think I'll have in a few months, I'd buy those PIO AA just to compare to my Jensen As. I don't, so I won't. I will say, for the benefit of others reading, that my take on the Jensens is that they offer a rich presentation, while maintaining detail. Keep in mind, my comparison only involved the stock AA from my 1976 Klipschorns.

Regardless of my opinions, Dean's prices seem bit too low, and things do look dead mint from here. I hope someone buys some stuff so we can go on for 6 or 7 pages about what gear he spends the money on and what he probably should have gotten instead. Seriously, though, I think those PIO AA are priced a bit lower than his parts cost.

Jensen AA's are sold.

Someone here really needs to jump on the Quicksilvers. You really have to up the ante to best them. If I didn't think they were worthy of Klipsch speakers, I would simply have taken them to Audiogon.

Dean (and other) what is your advice on 87 khorns with AK-2 Xovers. Would those As be a step in the right direction or should I first make the change to new parts for the almost 20 year old speakers and freshen them up to AK-3 status while I am at it. Don't think I am the right guy for the job, and don't want to be with out speakers for any length of time so would like to buy a set of xovers then maybe have my AK-2s worked over and compare, then keep what I like best....and sell the other.