RS spl meter durability?

Scp53

will dropping my digital rs spl meter damage it? how can i tell? i had it on the back of my couch and it fell off is the reason i m asking. it kinda hit a cabinet behind the couch and then hit the carpeted(with padding under carpet) cement. will it either work ot not? or could it be "partly" damaged? i think 90 days is past. thanks for any help(maybe im being to careful or im a worrier, I dunno?).

scp53

----------------

On 5/31/2005 12:03:46 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Mine is dying after 33 years. The contacts in the dial are becoming intermittent. I wonder if there is a warranty?

----------------

Don't you regret not having opted for their optional 35yr one... 2.gif

Those things are a POS!

A guy I knew was a sound engineeer and used one for quick and dirty checks of the site's acoustics before hauling out the serious gear. One day he hit a huge pothole and his trunk popped open and a decently padded equipment case flew out taking the RS meter with it.

A stinkin' little VW bug ran over the bag and when my bud checked the meter a few minutes later it didn't work for scheise!

BTW the preceding story is a complete load of BS! ...... But I had too!

I suspect that your meter is just fine ( unless of course a VW ran over it ) 11.gif

----------------

On 6/1/2005 8:51:57 AM Colin wrote:

Don’t know about the RS meter standing up to physical abuse, but it has been talking verbal abuse for decades and is still a best seller!!

10.gif

----------------

Just like Bose... 2.gif

----------------

On 6/1/2005 11:38:31 AM Marvel wrote:

----------------

On 6/1/2005 8:51:57 AM Colin wrote:

Don’t know about the RS meter standing up to physical abuse, but it has been talking verbal abuse for decades and is still a best seller!!

10.gif

----------------

Just like Bose...
2.gif

----------------

Not quite sure what you're saying Marvel.

Another 30 year analogue RS meter here, including a leaking battery.

You know everyone seems to talk bad about Radio shack once in a while, but I bet just about every audiophile in the country owns this meter. They do have a lot of cheap crap, but they do come in handy sometimes when you get in a jam and need some solder or some other off the wall electroic part or tool. I know I walk in to a Radio Shack at least once every couple of months, I try not to, but I do.9.gif