What's So great about Klipschorns

kingdave

----------------

On 6/18/2005 11:17:53 PM kingdave wrote:

well that certainly is reassuring... I really didnt even get into all of the Klipsch stuff until a very short while ago and pretty much what ive heard about the most is khorns... as a lowly college student, ive pretty much spent my entire summer budget on the f-2, c-2, ksw 12 setup I just bought... but i'd love to be able to get my hands (or at least my ears) on pair of these... anyone from the pittsburgh area???

by the way.. how do they compare to a setup like I just described.. the 2 f-2, c-2, and ksw 12.. throw in some surrounds.. that is near a $1500 setup

dave

----------------

If I were you, I would wait until I was settled in some place before I got Khorns. They are a PITA to move, but GOODGAWDALMIGHTY what a wonderful sound... everything from a feather falling onto a windowpane to the roar of the ocean is effortlessly reproduced.

I had never heard a pair until I got them into my room, and almost every night I treat myself to a delicious aural dessert.

Woo (lucky)

Incredibly amazing efficiency and sensitivity. One watt will reproduce a 104dB note at 3 feet away from the speaker, or about 3 watts at the listening position! This means that most of the time, the speaker only needs thousands, possibly even hundreds, of ONE watt to reproduce average musical passages at conversation levels in typical living rooms!

Low power vintage solid-state receivers, with only 10-25 watts, like the harmon kardon so loved here sound better with them than expensive modern ones. So does a $25 digital Sonic Impact 5066 amplifier.

Sweet sounding, but low powered refurbished vintage and new tube amplifiers sound wonderful. The combination comes closer, quicker and much cheaper to the very best sound money can buy.

Incredibly low THD, compared to the ridiculously high levels of cone loudspeakers, gives big ole horns a clarity tweaking audiophiles relish.

Frequency response is quite flat comparably to cone loudspeakers. Corner placement resolves about half of the frequency response issues caused by room reflections.

Resale value is excellent. Buy them cheap, power them cheaply, use them for decades, sell them for profit or same price.

Extremely wide sound stage cast very large images. Excellent imaging with constant directivity horns pointed at you ears or back of your head. Easily creates a 3D sonic holograph of the singer.

Deep bass down to 30Hz. Check how many 5 and 10K loudspeakers actually go down below 40Hz.

6.gif