False Corners ( I liek to think of them as "Truse Corners")

I finally finished the grills. Here is my attemp at "True Corners"

WAF is better than before but stillnto great ("They are still too bog...")

Surprisingly, the MILAF (Mother in law acceptance factor) is hight ("Oh those sound lovely. You can really hear each instrument") Who would have guessed?

Chris

K

post-10861-13819266659182_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/20/2005 1:00:12 PM DeanG wrote:

Wow Chris, that's a really nice job you did there. How did you attach the slats between the plywood and the bas bin? I wanted to do that with mine, but was afraid I would mess it up.

----------------

Thanks to all.

The Aluminum plates on the seams is a very strong seal.

I know that these do not go out the entire 48" as per the Dope from Hope, but the bass response is very good. In another thread I described hooking up a 170 wpc amp and turning the bass up. I could feel teh concrete floor vibrate and it was like getting hit in the chest. I don't know how low they go (I imagine pretty far) but I do have a sub hooked up.

Dean,

Those are actually aluminum plates that form the fram of the grill. They are not attached to the bass bin, just to the plywood and top triangular pieces of tigerwood.

Because of my bass experiment, I am going to order a QSC 1202 amp by your reccomendation. What do I need for patch cords?

I also want to order a Behringer EQ. I figure I can tune the bass and will have the headroom that I need. What do I need for patch cords for the EQ?

Thanks,

Chris

Very nice job Chris!

I'd certainly pay someone to do that for me. I think there could be a market for mass produced false corners.

The fact that they do not extend as far out as others I've seen makes a huge difference in looks (IMO) and it sounds to me like you're still getting plenty of bass output. Hmmm..........