looking for a amp

i was wanting to know what amps other people are useing to run there speaker right now im useing a carver tfm-35x to run my kg 5.5 just want others thoughts on this amp and other right now i like and enjoy the sound but there might as always be a beterr sound thank for you input and still looking 4 a set of klf20,s

015.jpg

I used my Carver TFM-35x with my '79 Klipsch Cornwalls for awhile until I finally bought a McIntosh MC7200, borrowed my brother's MC2100, and later an MC250. The Carver was a great amp, especially with my Magnepan MGLR1 planar loudspeakers. But it didn't quite have the resolution and clarity with my Cornwalls, which is why I switched to McIntosh amps, which sounded much warmer and transparent to my ears with horn speakers than the TFM-35x did.

Don't get me wrong, I've owned lots of Carver gear over the years, but to me they sounded much fuller with my Magnepan and JBL loudspeakers, and somewhat thin with my Cornwalls. Of course, that's just my opinion...the Carver TFM-35x is an excellent power amp and still commands high prices on eBay today (last time I looked). It just may sound better with your KG 5.5s than with Heritage Series horns is all.

Good luck in your search.2.gif

post-11084-13819267060126_thumb.jpg

I've got my KLF-20's on a Rotel RB1080 (200 wpc). MSRP is $1k but I got mine for $900. It sounds decent but you have to turn it up a ways to get it to sound so. Dampening is an impressive 1000.

I too want to get a Mac to replace it. Maybe an MC202 or MC252, should never need any more than that.

Dittos on the B&K amps mentioned-- the ST202 at 140 watts is very smooth and works very well with the crisp Klipsch sound--that's what I have now.

The 60 watt Adcom is also incredible sounding and cheap on eBay (about $150). The GFS535--it has A/B speaker switches, too. It sounds much better than the GFA545.

Recommended if, like me, you want great sound without spending alot of "cutting edge" dollars and haven't made the jump to tubes. Solid state works great for me--

And yet another vote for the B&K.

I originally used a B&K ST-2020 140WPC amp, and it was an amazing amp. I just sold it, in favor of a great deal on a B&K Reference EX-4430 200WPC amp and it brought my system to a new high.

im not realy sure about the tube pre amp i dont realy know much about them right now im stil using my speaker 4 2 channel and also for my 6.1 but my yamaha recever does allow me to play every thing in 6 channel stereo and as play 4 later is to use klipsch 5.5 all the way around or klf20,s or 30 up front and kg 5.5 4 the rest