How much you dump into your stereo?

wired1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL---

If people are going to post all their stereo/home theater equipment fine... DON'T THROW IN DUMB **** LIKE PLAYSTATIONS AND LAPTOP COMPUTERS!

If I felt the need to throw in the rest of the electronics in my home, the price would probably go up another $15 to $20k. All the stuff I just listed was for my new stereo - not every piece of electonics I own!

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

why not throw in the playstation? it is part of your audio/video entertainment/equipment. the ps2 can be a dvd player as well as game system. i will include it in my add-up. i think paying $300 dollars for something i'm going to put a $50 optical cable into and run through my stereo for full sound should be an addition to price. a computer on the other hand, well that's usually in the computer room or designated area, not on the entertainment shelf. i'm not going to add up since i already know my stuff totals just over $5000. i still have to get my rs-3's and denon poa5200 amp. that alone will be just over another grand. however, you could see my pic in the "odds and mods" section which speaks for itself.:biggrin

Wired1 I would add you will be pleased with the Krell/Klipsch combo.I will get soon the RF-7's and the RC-7 center!And then the ATI 2505 and 1505 will be used to bi-amp the RF series. Smile.gif

Talk about real power,this is what I love about Klipsch.Music must have power,I dont like the tiny audiophile speakers like say ProAc mini monitors that cant play at realistic levels.

Dynaudio can,and belive me you need WATTS and many.

So Wired1 enjoy the new Klipsch/Krell system and remember this YOU NEED A SOLID BREAK IN PERIOD,after 100-150 hours of use at medium volume you will begin to take the full advantage of you system. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I'm posting for one of the guys who does not keep up with the Jones's. Heck, I'm the only guy in my neighborhood that doesn't have a riding lawn mower & and a snow blower!

Purchased (used) in year 2000:

Klipsch Forte II's (89's)

Klipsch Heresy II's (86's - collecting dust right now)

Monster Cable M-1 3m speaker cable (89's)

Toshiba 2200 DVD

Denon AVR 1800 Receiver

Monster Video cable

Total year 2000 expenditures: $1250.00

Purchased refurbed in Year 2001 (so far)

CSW 5.1 Surrounds

CSW centerstage

Total outlay: $250.00

This equipment is spread among 2 systems: I listen to music, the better half is the video hound (altho the Rammstein Live Aus Berlin DVD is a hoot'n holler!)

I have no plans to replace or upgrade unless something pops.

I wish "TheEar"would publish a picture of that rig! with all the electronic equipment you would think he has a digital camera....hey Ear! we want to see that stuff!!! tony

------------------

*1993 K-Horns w/ ALK x-overs*Marantz 7T preamp*Dynaco MkIV monoblocks (modded to triode)*Sony CDP-CX350 and CX-230 CD changers*MSB link DACIII (96k upsampling)*MSB silver digital director (for switching and jitter reduction)*Technics M-85 professional Cassette Deck*SAE MK VIII tuner*Luxman PD-272 turntable, Grado Red cartridge*Cardas Crosslink speaker cable*Monster M550i for all interconnects*Monster HTS3500 Reference Powercenter Conditioner

wired1 and theear, do yourselves a favor, use the search function and read all of Colin's posts before you start trashing the guy. You'll find he's extremely knowledgable and his opinons are highly regarded. REMEMBER we're all guests here.

JJT

JJT,

I have no intention of searching through the posts and could care less about who Colin is or how he is "respected" by you. I dont need some nimrod telling me, especially after I bought all my equipment, that I wont be satisfied with it in the long run. Perhaps you learn to respect people on web sites but I could give a rats *** what negative comments people have to give.

By the way... Everything I got is top notch and purchased for stereo. Why the hell will I not be happy in the long run and very happy in the short run???

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

Hey wired1, lighen up! When Colin made that post, it wasn't to insult you or put you down. This was only his opinion and it was based upon his own experiences. Nothing more or nothing less.

He never called you any names and didn't have a bad attitude when he made his post (unlike you). And as JJT mentioned earlier, he has made a number of contributions to this board and is well liked by it's members.

Responses like this are going to make people think before taking you seriously...

Mike

Mike,

I could care less. You dont go knocking on peoples **** when it is brand new and they put a lot into it. Thats bullshit. Dude, it doesnt matter to me WHAT people think of me on here... Not at the slightest. However, I hate ********s who think they know everything and need to make the comments on other peoples equipment. THeir is an old saying that applies here:

Smile and the world smiles with you. Cry and you cry alone!

I dont want to hear his BS!

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

wired1,

OK...lets reverse the tables. Here's something you said just last week and I quote:

quote:

I personally think that the whole KLF line sounds "tinny". I tried them out at a local dealer with different amps, CD players and receivers and thought they sounded TERRIBLE! They are WAY to "tinny" and not enough deep end. The only Klipsch line I would ever consider buying is either the HEritage line or the Promedias - they rock!

By saying this you have completely crapped on every person who bought a Legend speaker. Except I didn't see anybody criticize you for saying it. Why? Because it was YOUR opinion! Nothing more and nothing less. It wasn't personal and nor was his statement to you. BTW, there's really no need to swear on this Forum either...

Mike

quote:

Originally posted by wired1:

Mike,

I could care less. You dont go knocking on peoples **** when it is brand new and they put a lot into it. Thats bullshit. Dude, it doesnt matter to me WHAT people think of me on here... Not at the slightest. However, I hate ********s who think they know everything and need to make the comments on other peoples equipment. THeir is an old saying that applies here:

Smile and the world smiles with you. Cry and you cry alone!

I dont want to hear his BS!

wired1, remember in the end it's how you think your system sounds and thats the only opinion that counts. Just if you disagree with an opinion, respectfully disagree. I understand alot of hard earned money and aggravation went into your system. By the way, how did you find those La Scalas? Correct me if I'm wrong, I remember that was another sore point with ya. Good luck with your system.

JJT

Wired1 lets not create a war of words here,come on the world is in a deep hole as it is.We dont need more negativity.

I was a bit rude,I did not mean to trash Colin or anybody.On some boards I have to use the hammer so some understand.I will be less in your face type here.

Ok Wired1 your system as I told you will sound very good,hey I tried even Synergy series Klipch with my huge Krell FPB600,SimAudio MOON W5 and Carver TFM-75!

These are amps of extreme power,and the Klipsch come alive ,no RECIEVER can make them sing this way.

Lets just lower the blood pressure here.

And about the pics of my system,well NO DO.Four Lovan racks are packed with gear.Two amps stands are in my feet almost.Speakers all around.Remember the room is full of gear,and the room is 10 X 14 feet!LOL Its more packed then a High-End store sound room.Furthermore NO stranger ever touched my system.And if they try they better make reservations at the ER.

I worked hard for all my gear and I dont show to who wants.Only a few co workers saw my system.My sound room

is my sanctuary,my holy space.Even the shop owners and salesman i know for years dont pass the doorstep!

So there you have it

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Wired1

I certainly apologize if anything I said offended you. That was not my intention. I only meant to answer your original questions about expenditures and what I thought.

I do think that you have a very impressive system that will create awesome sound. I see that you sent me an e-mail; I wish I had answered your questions then.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions that you may have. While I can not promise to respond immediately, I will be sure to answer your e-mail.

Colin

------------------

horns, tubes, subs, leather couch & female vocalists

Mike,

wired1,

OK...lets reverse the tables. Here's something you said just last week and I quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally think that the whole KLF line sounds "tinny". I tried them out at a local dealer with different amps, CD players and receivers and thought they sounded TERRIBLE! They are WAY to "tinny" and not enough deep end. The only Klipsch line I would ever consider buying is either the HEritage line or the Promedias - they rock!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By saying this you have completely crapped on every person who bought a Legend speaker. Except I didn't see anybody criticize you for saying it. Why? Because it was YOUR opinion! Nothing more and nothing less. It wasn't personal and nor was his statement to you. BTW, there's really no need to swear on this Forum either...

Mike

Dude,

YOu are WAY off base... Just because I said they KLF line sounds "tinny" is VERY different than me telling someone that they are going to be disappointed with their equipment!!! Your simply an idiot and you should stay out of peoples arguments - even if they are public.

You obviously don't know **** for making such a BAD comparison!!!

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

Colin,

It takes a man to say what you have said and I appreciate it. Perhaps you used the wrong terminology but people should never trash other peoples equipment. Especially because they probably put a lot of hard work and money into getting it.

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

The EAR,

YOur 100% right on what you said. And as I have just said, most people work hard and spend a lot of $ on their equipment. I now that Krell amp you got and it is absolutely incredible.

As for the new LaScallas... I just spoke to my dealer and it was confirmed that it was shipped from the dealer and it is now in their warehouse. He told me the speakers would be there on Monday or Tuesday by the latest.

I'll let you know....

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

wired1,

This will be my last post on this subject. Do you think that by saying the KLF-30 "sounds TERRIBLE" does not offend every person that worked hard and spent a lot of money to buy it? Think about it for a second. Sounds like a double-edged sword to me.

BTW, I don't appreciate you calling me an idiot and I will be reporting you to the moderators. You add nothing to this Forum by making derogatory comments towards other members and name calling. This is a civilized Forum. There are other Forums out there that allow this kind of crap! This is not one of them...

Mike

Mike,

The fact that I said that it sounds terrible is a GENERAL opinion that "MAY" be inferred to individuals WITHOUT individual direction. What that guy said to me was that "I" would be disappointed. Its quite obvious that you are too stupid to know the difference and proved it by opening your big mouth...

Your a joke... reporting me to the moderators.... LOL... GET A LIFE, DUDE!!!!

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net