KLF-20's are great.

kohill

I've had my Klf-20's for about 2 months now. They are just a great all around speaker. Im using a Rotel rb-990bx amp and a H/K 235. The Rotel is powering the Klf-20's in the front channels. They make everything sound good. On rock-n-roll with a wicked guitar part or driving bass they are the best I've heard. At quiet volumes my old Cornwalls were better but not much. For movies they are super.

It is amazing just how low they will reach. While listening to something with a really deep bass section all I can do is smile.

First off, I'm one of those people who is always switching gear.

I had a pair of them and sold them. I just wasn't crazy about them them with large orchestral classical music. I replaced them with Heresys. I liked the midrange on the Heresys better. I sold the Heresys because they lack bass and are too low to the ground.

The KLF20 does a lot of things really well. It is a true full range speaker and I think that for rock and jazz they are great. Actually, I sold them to a jazz musician. He listened to them in my home for 5 minutes with a CD he brought with him and they were gone.

Did you listen to classical orchestral pieces with the KLF20s?

Enjoy them for many years in the best of health.

I have my KLF-20's, C-7, KSW-15, RS-3's, setup in a 1,600 sq. ft room and this system ROCKS! I would love to find a pair of KLF 30's, locally and move the KLF-20's to side surrounds. Put me on the list of Happy KLF-20 owners. 1.gif

Me, personally. I listen to Rock and Roll, but I have to admit I bought the "1812 Overture" just to hear how the canon blasts sounded. 9.gif KABOOM 6.gif

----------------

On 7/10/2005 10:26:11 AM tkdamerica wrote:

I have my KLF-20's, C-7, KSW-15, RS-3's, setup in a 1,600 sq. ft room and this system ROCKS! I would love to find a pair of KLF 30's, locally and move the KLF-20's to side surrounds. Put me on the list of Happy KLF-20 owners.
1.gif

Me, personally. I listen to Rock and Roll, but I have to admit I bought the "1812 Overture" just to hear how the canon blasts sounded.
9.gif
KABOOM
6.gif

----------------

I have 30s/C7 across the front with 20s on the side and RB 35s in the rear (until I can get 2 more 20s or 30s) and it is unbelievable. Find the 30s you will go crazy, esp. with multi channel music.

Billy

I replaced my KLF 20s with 2004 La Scalas and the KLF 20s in a small living room are better speakers IMHO. My living room is 15 X 15 X 8 and the La Scalas sound very good even better than the 20s. The LS sound better at mid volume levels, you can talk to the person next to you but you have to speak up but turn the volume up more and in my living room the LS overpower me. With the KLF 20s I could crank them up and not hear the person screaming at you and not be overpowered by them. I'm using the 20s as my rear speakers and feel realy bad cause it feels like they should be used up front since they sound so good! But for home theater 3 La Scalas up front, KLF 20s as rears, and a RSW 12 movies sound better than the theater. If I was going to stay in this house for the rest of my life I would sell the La Scalas and go with the 20s.

Xman

I've had the 20's in the shop now for at least a month, they rock and can rock all day long.

Its a 2200 SQ FT shop with 20 foot cielings, no problem getting bass or loud clean sound.

Now having said that, I just yesterday bought a set of Mission M35 for my RV, this is where I do any kind of serious music listening. I would have went for a set of KLF 10's, but no luck finding any in my area here. I have the RF 15 as well and the MIssions replaced these. The area where the speakers are to be placed could only be a certain size. KlF 20's in an Rv with big power would be suicidal anyhow.

Also of note, it takes ten times the power to reach anything close to the 20's with my new missions, not even in the same ball park.

I would have bought Klipsch, but as I said I have the RF 15 and really not too impressed with them.

Forgot to mention, I am taking the 20's out of the shop, cause the bass extends through the shop next door to me, and then into the front offices, where my landord is.

Cause the guys like the music, rockn loud at times, I gotta take these out, and install smaller speaker less quality speakers-bose-lol. Can I weld on a lock type deal onto the amp to keep the power down??????????

Ah the problems you get when you buy Klipsch.

----------------

On 7/10/2005 1:24:17 PM jbsl wrote:

... But for home theater 3 La Scalas up front, KLF 20s as rears, and a RSW 12 movies sound better than the theater. If I was going to stay in this house for the rest of my life I would sell the La Scalas and go with the 20s.

Xman

----------------

I love it! I get to brag on my KLF-20's and RF-7's all on the same page of Posts!

I heard the 3 Lascallas up front with dual THX subs at the Pilgrimage. I am tempted to build a larger home theater because, as the kids like to say, 'It was the bomb."

Nice set up Xman 1.gif

I really need a bigger house to really cut lose with the La Scalas for music. I'm now more concerened with the quality of the sound than how loud it can get but a bigger room would help the La Scalas. When I was in my early 20s my best friend used La Scalas in his DJ business. It did not matter if he put them in gymnasiums, dance clubs, just about anywhere and they sounded incredible, filled anyplace with full, rich, beautiful sound!! Now for anyone who wants a excellent all around speaker for a small to medium living room find a pair of KLF 20s and for music run them with a good preamp and amp!! They sound great with both SS amps and tube amps.

Xman

post-13699-13819267220316_thumb.jpg

I love my klf 20's. Every style of music sounds great no matter what receiver I'm using. I just bought all the drivers and crossover from a scrapped klf 10 for $70 on ebay and have an oak cabinet I built for a center just waiting for the parts to arrive. Next stop...... a pair of 30's!!!!!!!1.gif2.gif9.gif

----------------

On 7/11/2005 1:04:54 PM billyjoe72 wrote:

I love my klf 20's. Every style of music sounds great no matter what receiver I'm using. I just bought all the drivers and crossover from a scrapped klf 10 for $70 on ebay and have an oak cabinet I built for a center just waiting for the parts to arrive. Next stop...... a pair of 30's!!!!!!!1.gif2.gif9.gif

----------------

[/blockquote

So YOU got them. I was gonna do the same thing but blew the end time of that auction. Oh well, glad a Forum Brother got them (I figured one would). Let me know how that thing turns out.

Billy

----------------

On 7/11/2005 1:04:54 PM billyjoe72 wrote:

----------------

[/blockquote

So YOU got them. I was gonna do the same thing but blew the end time of that auction. Oh well, glad a Forum Brother got them (I figured one would). Let me know how that thing turns out.

Billy

Yep, they are a great set of speakers! Well, I should say for me, were a great set of speakers cause I sold my KLF-30's after I upgraded to the RF-7's. I kept my RF-7's cause I like the sound better, big surprise is the smoother sound and fullness, makes the KLF-30's sound like something missing, mid-bass to mid-range maybe??? Is this the hollow sound some folks talk about over on the home theater forum?? The RF-7's have a fuller sound that I can'ts figure out why it ain't in the KLF's? Can some one asnwer this for me?

wstrickland1......

Yeh..I'm really excited about getting them. I paid for them minutes after winning. Problem is, I haven't heard from him. I have written twice just hoping maybe he is on vacation. It's been 11 days now.7.gif Maybe I'm just to restless waiting. I haven't been burnt on ebay yet. Fingers are crossed.

I also have the KLF-20's and am curious if anybody is biamping them? I have a cement foundation and get 0 bass from the 20's. Luckily I have the RSW-12 so it makes up for it. I am curious if biamping them makes much difference in sound?

I am currently running them with a denon AVR-3300 but will be upgrading to either parasound or a new denon unit.