Latest Visit to Heritage Dealer (full line up of Klipsch in house)

D-MAN

----------------

What more could you ask for?

DM
2.gif

----------------

Apparently, good tube electronics instead of SS stuff you (and probably I) never heard of. Matching with good electronics with Heritage strikes me as a really big problem in trying to reintroduce it to the market.

D-Man,

I have both Cornwalls and Heresys. My Cornwalls sound bigger, deeper, more robust, more dynamic, better balanced, fuller in the midrange, and mellower in the highs compared to my Heresys.

I like my Heresy speakers, but the Cornwalls just leave very little to complain about. The Cornwalls will play any type of music well. It is indeed true that if you like the Heresy, you will most likely love the Cornwalls.

But, as you noticed, the Cornwalls have large cabinets which may be unacceptable to some.

Paul Klipsch really designed a winner with the Cornwalls. Let your own ears be the judge - as you well know.

Andy

You must have gone to Bry's in Marysville. I don't think they have those Klipschorn's setup too well or with right equipment, quites a few folks said the same about that place, saying the LaScala's sounded better. I think it's the room and equip, it could stand bettter setup. Even the RF-7's sound like crap in that place and I knows the RF-7's sound betta than that, cause I have them. Chad's a nice guy there, we didn't like Josh, he was rude and a prick! I won't even deal with Josh. The Klipschorn and LaScala's both sound harsh to me at Bry's cause they have that darn Carver ZR digital on them, they need to gets something better, don't go good with Klips. The Heresy's really miss on the bass but sound great other wise, a sub can fix that. Still, I like my RF-7's most of all, from all of them. I knows, others opins will vary, all that counts is I's very happy with the RF-7. Sounds like Bry's still don't get it to set that stuff up on the right equip, not much they can do about that room thow, only place is in that basement for all the speakers. Equip plays big part on how it all sounds, fair is to have a listen same every thing, different speakers, then you get better idea how it sounds, but you won't at that place, all the wrong equip! They have those Heresy's on a different setup, don't forget about that, not fair compare until you have a listen on the same equip, plus the Heresy's are on a different wall from the Klipschorn and LaScala's there, don't forget that too. They did sound good though on that setup. Bry's is not a good place for evaluation, the two Klipsch models I have that I heard there, didn't even sound the same, too harsh at Bry's, YES....it's the equipment doing it.

I like the Forte II's! It made my so-so mediyoke system sound great. The Forte II's have a fuller midrange than the KLF-30, but I liked the bass on my KLF-30's. The Forte II have good bass too, just like the KLF-30 bass better. If I had to make a picks between the two, I would pick the Forte II cause I like the fuller midrange it had. I like my RF-7's even more but an RF-7 won't gets by with a so-so mediyoke system, it has to be best quality to be great, so my college days them Forte's gave me much enjoyments on budget equip. and sound great. 2.gif

----------------

On 7/11/2005 6:36:29 PM D-MAN wrote:

I am not without large horns so I have some understanding of what they can do, but I suppose that I expected the Khorn comparison to blow mine away, but they didn't IMO, and maybe that's what I'm disappointed about. Alot of it has to do with what I read here on the forum. Sort of a pre-disposition or set up for expectations that perhaps are not reality-based...

Being a dyed-in-the-wool horn fan, I am somewhat "allergic" to direct radiatiors, and hence my surprise at the Heresy - maybe it is a little surprise at myself too for liking them. I've read here that some think that the Heresy is a little "hot" on the top-end, but I thought they were well-balanced and full-sounding to the point that I am thinking of getting a new pair.

The dealer did have an empty (no drivers) very-old and beat up walnut (I guess) vertical Cornwall cabinet under the stairs. We talked about them for a bit. Very big cabinets. So big I don't have room for them in my current abode. I would like to hear a pair, though.

DM
2.gif

----------------

........He's already heard the Mighty Khorn and didn't sound overly impressed. What makes you think he'll be awed by the Cornwall?

Would that be because MANY of us are?2.gif

----------------

On 7/11/2005 6:36:29 PM D-MAN wrote:

... and hence my surprise at the Heresy - maybe it is a little surprise at myself too for liking them. I've read here that some think that the Heresy is a little "hot" on the top-end, but I thought they were well-balanced and full-sounding to the point that I am thinking of getting a new pair.

----------------

I was surpised when I heard the Heresy 2's. I was very familiar with the earlier Heresy and I was expecting something similar. When I took delivery of my brand new Heresy 2's, what I got was a dynamic, full range loudspeaker, that blew my socks off.

Certainly a 'miniature Klipschorn' is a very apt description for these little tykes.

In relation to the surprisingly different voicing you heard with the Klipschorn and La Scala - there may very well be amplifier and room issues with what you heard at the dealer. I'm surprised the dealer hasn't worked this out for himself and rectified the problem.

The Klipschorn should present a HUGE soundstage. It's like wearing a pair of head phones. And imaging should be tangible. It should be like wearing a large pair of headphones.

Now depth is a illusionary thing. I reckon you can have a vast soundstage, or you can have depth. Has anyone any alternate views on this one? Take your pick - I'll take soundstage anytime.

I have Klipschorns with a Scott 299D at my dads house in a small room. Much like the Cornwall setup in my Den. THe CW's sound way better. Could it be the sources..Yes.

I think the Khorns are more dependent on source and settings to reach their true potential. At least in my systems. I was really expecting the Kw's to sound great regardless of the surroundings. A bit dissapointed..yes, but at times they really shine so I know the potential is there, just not realized yet.

I cannot believe the sound I get from the CW's though. One day I will have room for both at my house and then I will really know.

JMO

I must say that when I first heard a pair of Khorns (used) then got them home it was a dissapointment. I lived with them for a while, then let them go. Stuck with the Heresys, had La Scala, auditioned the Corns then got a pair of Forte II'S (Heresys on steroids) and stuck with them for awhile. Now years later (with much more knowledge and a little more money)I purchased another pair of Khorns. Screwed with my room, wife thought I was nuts (probably am) but boy, front to back and side to side-its all there! It truley is amazing what room treatments can do to 'visualizing' sound (apart from an ugly look in my case)with the Khorns. I remember talking to one dealer before my purchase and he was saying that the Khorns still had a big sound with superb side to side but were lacking front to back. He was telling the truth until I started experimenting with the room and tweaking my system. Now front to back has the depth I have come to know with other speakers. Sure the 3D aspect of sound is surreal, some say bull, but it works for me, I like being placed 'inside' the music!

Cheers

I agree with others... those K-Horns must not have been set up properly, and it doesn't necessarily take tubes to make them sing. I heard a pair a while back that were being driven by a nice Aragon set-up... a little warm-sounding for my tastes, but they still allowed the Horns to sing. It was the first time I can remember a French Horn sounding like it was right there in the room with me. Incredible soundstage and presentation, which I have been trying to get out of my head ever since - I have no corners for K-Horns, but I troll for LaScalas on a regular basis.