Klipschorn 60th anniversary ?

KhornKerry

A speaker in production for 60 years is unprecedented.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

What will be the 60th year of Klipschorn production? I believe the first year for the Khorn production is 1946, if this is correct I think Klipsch Corporation should start an advertising campaign and a big celebration for 2006.

Dose anyone know for sure what year the Khorn first went on sell?

----------------

On 7/15/2005 11:02:30 AM Parrot wrote:

I hear from my inside source that Klipsch's *big* plans are for the 100th anniversary. A 60th is really not that important.

----------------

Yeah, seems like every day I'm hearing of some audio company celebrating a 50th or 60th anniversery.

----------------

On 7/14/2005 6:30:40 PM KhornKerry wrote:

A speaker in production for 60 years is unprecedented.<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

What will be the 60th year of Klipschorn production?
I believe the first year for the Khorn production is 1946, if this is correct I think Klipsch Corporation should start an advertising campaign and a big celebration for 2006.

Dose anyone know for sure what year the Khorn first went on sell?
----------------

PWK would be proud!

Tony

----------------

On 7/15/2005 4:56:13 AM crazytubepower wrote:

It is giving a then 16 year old, me, James Eland, A k-horn...right amy...I'm sure thats what PWK would of wanted...god rest his soul

----------------

Eland...That was my Grandmother's maiden name, born in England. Maybe we're related!

• Moderators

----------------

On 7/15/2005 11:02:30 AM Parrot wrote:

I hear from my inside source that Klipsch's *big* plans are for the 100th anniversary. A 60th is really not that important.
----------------

?? Who on earth is this "source?" No one has even mentioned planning for the 100th yet, especially considering the vast majority of us will no longer be working here 40 years from now.

The 60th is a very big deal to us. I don't know what is planned yet, however. I don't often get that insider info from PR/Marketing.

----------------

On 7/16/2005 8:44:04 AM Ray Garrison wrote:

For a speaker 60 years is, of course, amazing, but PWK's legacy is still quite young by music standards... Avedis Zildjian started his foundry in 1623, and the cymbals have been in continuous production ever since.

----------------

I bet Avedis Zildjain thinks about Sabian or Paiste Cymbals as PWK thinks about Bose!2.gif