Need Suggestions

taylor99ss

----------------

On 7/30/2005 3:10:47 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

sunburnwilly

Move the thermostat... get that Heresey down where it needs to go...(just above the TV or below it..) and you will have a great sounding system too.

my 2 cents.. Nice paint color combo!

----------------

and the heat fron that DLP has GOT to be throwin off that White-Rodgers T-87F tstat big time. Honeywell's got a cool wireless tstat out, we sell quite a few of them. Move that thing and regain control of youe HVAC system.

You see, I know H & A/C like the top dawgs on this forum knows speaks, so I can help.2.gif

No Matter what that angry man named sunburnwilly says, $1200.00 for a pair of RF-7's is a very good deal.

Sunburn willy you might want to do something with that speaker wire running in front of your door opening, that does not look to good and will be worse when someone trips over it.

Hi wstrickland , Thanx for the a/c advice . What you can't see in the photo is a 20" by 25" return directly behind the TV , I think that this may help the thermostat situation . Even if it doesn't I don't pay for electricity or water . One of the reasons that I have lived here for 11 years . Another reason location location location . As far as the wires what do you suggest , the walls are offset cinderblock the floor is carpet over slab , " no pad either " , only way to go is up . Next time your coming down to Charleston look me up . You inquired how my new Belle's sounded , I'd be glad to show Ya' . Peace Now as for you Shane , Come on , with an Avatar like that how angry could I be . I was mearly suggesting that for $1,200.00 he could easily get a pair of LaScalas " Real Klipsch Speakers " . Now come back and I Shall Taunt You A Second Time . 10.gif

Now Willy, you otter know by now that some folks like the old stuff and some folks like the new stuff, and none of it sucks. I have no doubt that the La Scalas sound fantastic, but I've heard some speakers that aren't La Scalas sound pretty fantastic too.

So be nice, or I shall empty my nose at you from a great height!

You could try some wiremold or this threshold looking thingey that will cover the wire and keep you from tripping over it. OR, just step over the damn thing1.gif Hell, I know I had wires running all over the place before I rearranged the room and I HAD a way to do it, so who the hell am I to judge! On a heritage note, I was in Frawley's today picking the old guy's brain and listening to speakers. He's got Heresys, RF 7s, RF 5s and RF 35s set up and can switch back and forth. We were listening to different music and A/B/C'ing speaks and DAYUMM, the Heresy's are so far superior sounding to even the 7s that its not even funny. And he's got 3 finishes in stock, out the door for $1000 a pair. This in comparison the $1500 for the 7s and $900 for the 5s. I'm running all legend right now (30s, 20s and C7), I wonder what 7 Heresys would sound like. If today is any indication, I'm thinking that I will have an all Heritage before its all over.

What part of town did you grow up? I grew up on James and Johns Island.

----------------

On 8/1/2005 1:12:57 PM Olorin wrote:

Now Willy, you otter know by now that some folks like the old stuff and some folks like the new stuff, and none of it sucks. I have no doubt that the La Scalas sound fantastic, but I've heard some speakers that aren't La Scalas sound pretty fantastic too.

So be nice, or I shall empty my nose at you from a great height!

----------------

Finaly someone with a sense of humor !!! But Olorin by the time you read this I have allready farted in your general direction . Touche Sir 10.gif

----------------

On 8/1/2005 3:50:22 PM shane_0_mac wrote:

So reference series are not real klipsch speakers?

Now that may be the silliest statement I have ever heard on this forum.

----------------

Shane , How long have you been into Klipsch speakers ? Around 1992 or 93 the company was sold . According to the info given me by a former dealer ( About 27 years of selling Klipsch speakers before this happened ) it was sold to a man named Ted , Supposedly a family member of some kind . Any of you more astute members feel free to chime in so we all get the facts straight . Anywhoo this change in ownership changed the philosophies and direction of the company . You would never have been able to buy Klipsch speakers from a major retailer Ie. Circuit City before this happened . This is when and why Tom , the old Klipsch dealer I mentioned , quit selling them . Interestingly though he will still order the Heritage line if a customer wants them , in fact the last time I was in his shop there were a brand new pair of K Horns in boxes waiting to be picked up by some lucky person . So what I am getting at is this , Reference Series have nothing to do with the company that Paul Walker Klipsch founded ... I have heard that a cold beer helps wash that Crow taste out of your mouth , but in a pinch soap will work too .

10.gif

Hey wstrickland , My high schools mascot was a ROCK . In fact I presently live less than a mile up the street from the old school . And to all the rest of you , an old friend of mine bought a new pair of La Scalas back in 1979 which is when my obsession began . He stuck those things in a 9' by 10' bedroom . It was so loud it would literaly mess up your equalibrum . Great Times Indeed !!! So yes I am Old School in more ways than one . Now if we could just bring back 8-Track tapes , Uh Nevermind 10.gif

----------------

On 8/1/2005 5:39:44 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

Hey wstrickland , My high schools mascot was a ROCK . In fact I presently live less than a mile up the street from the old school .

I used to play basketball in that gym on Tuesday nights. Coach Luden would let us in. Our Mascot was a Bishop(lmao). Mom wouldn't let me go to St. Johns, even though I begged the hell out of her. No more Rocks or Hogs now. And C of C tore down the "Boston Gardens" and put some new thing up there (Now that I think about it, our old gym had 2 big *** horn speakers in it, I think they were Klipsch) I saw it the last time I was downtown, along with all the hotties struttin around St. Phillip and Calhoun street.

----------------

On 8/1/2005 7:20:53 PM wstrickland1 wrote:

----------------

On 8/1/2005 5:39:44 PM sunburnwilly wrote:

Hey wstrickland , My high schools mascot was a ROCK . In fact I presently live less than a mile up the street from the old school .

I used to play basketball in that gym on Tuesday nights. Coach Luden would let us in. Our Mascot was a Bishop(lmao). Mom wouldn't let me go to St. Johns, even though I begged the hell out of her. No more Rocks or Hogs now. And C of C tore down the "Boston Gardens" and put some new thing up there (Now that I think about it, our old gym had 2 big *** horn speakers in it, I think they were Klipsch) I saw it the last time I was downtown, along with all the hotties struttin around St. Phillip and Calhoun street.

----------------

I guess you haven't heard about Marion Square . Some of the city council members have been all up in arms about all the hotties sunbathing there . More than a few accidents have occured on Calhoun street because of it . It my friend is a sight to see

3.gif6.gif9.gif

sunburnwilly, all it does is show how ignorant you are, and that you do not know the RF-7 at all, so your comment will be disregarded for sure as you dont know what you are talking about. Klipsch still makes fine speakers and insulting it, or peoples choices is really really in bad and rude lack of good manners as they will let you know here! If you like the heritage speakers, fine for you, Klipsch does NOT make a bad speaker, all are good, and the RF-7's are awesome, you just dont know it, or maybe you are just playing dumb to get a rise out of us. Can you please show more class here and respect every one's choices here without being a snot about it.

Show me one car company that is the same as when it started, except for Morgan of course. That doesn't mean their current product is bad, or even that it's worse than their previous products. You can't compare old technology to new, it's apples and oranges. What sounds good to my ear may not sound good to yours, but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong! What's my point? I dunno, it's late and I should be slee.............

Sunburn... Klipsdude

Klipsch was sold to a man named Fred Klipsch.

A distant relative. (Cousin)

Paul Wilbur Klipsch

And I agree....I have heard that a cold beer helps wash that Crow taste out of your mouth , but in a pinch soap will work too.

The Klipsch line is described as best in class.. Entry, mid, and Reference lines. From best buy to great dealers in the Hi Fi systems network. There never was the name "Heritage" line until named so later... They also make excellent computer speakers and a new I pod Hi Fi system too.

What Fred has done, IMO, is taken this company and done a terrific job in expanding the "Name Brand" and also holding on to some of the "Heritage" that made it famous too. This is where, and it should of evolved, IMO in 2005.

sunburnwilly,

It's the tone in your remarks, your insinuation that the Reference Line is no good, that he should have gotten a used Heritage LaScala instead of his new RF-7's, and to further say they are not Klipsch speakers if it's not a Heritage or Original PWK. Who are you to judge what direction a company takes, especially when they done an excellent job doing it. Klipsch offers a selection of choices, you pick your choice and you pay your money. A company has to be competitive to stay in business and by offering a range of selections, is good business. The Klipsch company is still in Klipsch family hands, and his cousin has been doing very well with the company.

It's really sad to come across such posters as yourself that tries to insinuate that the Reference Line (RF-7) isn't any good because it is a new Klipsch product is absurd. It's postings like yours that lead me on a wild goose chase of purchasing Heritage and other past Klipsch products to compare them to the RF-7's, only to find I still preferred the RF-7's over the other Klipsch speakers I compared them to.

It would be much more positive and helpful to others to speak of the difference in a positive manner for one to make the right decision when seeking help of what fits more to their liking/preference, and not make negative remarks to those who've already made their decision/choice.

You are old enough "sunburnwilly" to know that we all like different things in life, and personal preference is what makes us pick one over the other. Both Heritage and Reference are very good, I like them both, but my over-all preference is the RF-7 so I sold the other Klipsch speakers and got back what I paid for them, but it was a learning experience for me to know the differences. You should try to educate yourself what difference the two are like to be more helpful because they both are very good indeed.

Please try and tone it down a bit, people here are really a nice bunch to learn from and converse with. Relax and have fun learning here, I know I have!

• Like 1

Hmm , My Tone , Come on , Seriously ... Yes , I feel my Belle's will trounce any of your rf7's systems . But I don't Mean that rf7's suck . I Have Never Said That ! Get your facts straight !!! But since we are on the subject , I will Stand By My Original Statement That Ref Ser. Have Nothing To Do With The Company That Paul Founded . In Fact I Will Add That Paul Would Not Approve !!!

I will repeat what I posted early on in this thread. I A/B'd a new pair of Heresys and a new pair of RF-7s this week using the same source, same everything and the Heresys ate the RF 7s for lunch. Now, I am absolutely neutral on this topic, as I have an all(nearly all) Legend system but I would take those Heresys @ 1 gr over the RF7s @ 1.5 gr any day.

For what its worth.

Billy