Show Us Your Avatar !!!

I have both Bell Expressview, and Starchoice as satellite providers. ( I also have compared Dish Network to both the above )

Most of the time, Bell overcompresses the video so bad, it is almost unbearable to watch, it is painful, like a cheap Mp3. On their movie channels, the picture is better, but compared to Starchoice, the picture quality sucks bigtime.[8o|]

The Bell 3100 receiver is identical to the Dish 301, and the only difference being the software. Dish Network has a much better picture on all channels than Bell, even though they have the same hardware.

Starchoice has a few channels that are compressed and have motion artifacts, however the PQ on the majority of the channels is excellent. I have Detroit as the east feed, and Seattle for the west feed of the U.S. networks.

I now have 4 Starchoice boxes, and will keep them, and drop Bell like a bad habit once the commitment is fufilled. ( I'd love to get a Starchoice Dsr-530 HDTV recorder, but no HDTV display here for a long while )

I only uploaded this last week & this is my first post since.

This is Otis, our Parvo survivor...our Blasto Mycosis survivor.

Long story short, we had 2 dogs murdered by a hunter 2 years ago. Crushed us. Several months later, wife said "Richard, I had a dream last night that we had a puppy and his name was Otis". The search for Otis was soon to begin.

She took a week vacation & was sick in bed entire week. I'd gone to shelter to see what was there. I told her I'd love what ever she picked.

She went in on Wednesday (still feeling ill) and found Otis. Took him to Vet on Thursday for his shots. Friday called me at work about Otis. He was not eating, drinking, seemed to be having diahreah... I said not to worry...after all, he JUST went to vet, "what could be wrong". Well, she didn't listen & took him BACK to vet. He was diagnosed with parvo virus (a VERY deadly & disgusting illness for a puppy to have if you don't know about it)

Anyways, one week and $1,200 later, he pulled through (no cure for parvo, you either make it or you don't, they only treat the symptoms).

Had she not gone to shelter, had she listened to me, had she not taken that week off, blah blah blah... Otis would have probably either been put down or simply died.

We visited him twice a day (vet is 15 miles away).

A year later, he had this coughing & wheezing. MUCH like someone with a nasty case of emphazima. Back to vet. Long story short, he had blasto mycosis. Sort of a fungus disease in his lungs. ALSO very deadly but this (unlike parvo) WAS treatable. Interestingly, when the vet came out to give me the prognosis, he seemed a bit defensive when he told me the treatments.

"60 days of treatment... one pill per day, each pill is $5.00"

I laughed. I told him we'd spent $1,200 for one WEEK on parvo, so spending $300 for 60 days of treatment was a bargain!

Today, Otis is fine & dandy. We have another dog too (Chloe) that some idiot dumped our way. Chloe & Otis get along like cinnamon on toast so who ever the idiot was that dumped Chloe off as a puppy, really did us a favor. She's just as special as Otis.

And THAT... is the rest of the story.

post-15072-13819271564256_thumb.jpg

I'l like to have a go at that, can you get me a press badge?

What lens would be needed? I have a 200 mm 2.8, might need to rent a REALLY BIG ONE though.

Michael

don't need a press badge, just look at the putnam schedule and call up the organization that is racing that day. if they need a photographer i'm sure you'd be a shoe in. i don't know exactly how it works, but i have heard them say at the beginning of the day that we have a photo guy on hand, see him if you want photos. sometimes i notice them standing out there on the turns, most of the time they are ghosts. i have some really good photos at home(atleast i think they are good).

• 6 years later...

Yep, that's pretty funny, I guess they showed that cop a thing or two.Whatever happened to the good old days when you just whacked em' with a club? Just kiddin, those kooky kids......he should just call their parents.I'm glad they're wherever they're at and not here.

I saw one old boy hang in with the protesters in the day but staying in his $700 a night room after, classic.I love it when a tool says don't be a tool.

On a thread worthy note, it was great seeing a few old names, I hope the ones that have not been here for a while are OK.