bi-wiring speakers?

SWL

It's a waste of time, effort and good speaker cable.

This was just debated over the weekend - check the site for a thread regarding "bi-wiring".

All in all, there are no magic speaker wires, component interconnects or power cords. Minimize the total resistance by using good quality OFHC copper at a reasonable guage (12-14) from PartsExpress or Home Depot or Fryes and you will be fine.

Save your money for the $20K turnatable many feel is necessary.2.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif11.gif

Sorry, as you are evidently looking for a justification to bi-wire.

Yes, I can definitively say that if you bi-wire your sex life will improve, your dog will cease to have fleas, the musicians will leap from your speakers and play IN your living room, for FREE! whenever you like, your beer will always be cold, and global warming will be solved. Oh, and poverty and disease will cease to exist!

But the sound will not be significantly different.

Have fun.

I say, try it!

Why not?

Since the internal networks are already separated, might as well keep them separate from the amp output to the speaker input.

WHat the heck?

Can't hurt, can it?

Besides, IMO, Any small reduction in overall distortion will improve the speakers' transient response.

Clarity is still king. :)

Regards,

John

Thanx for all the responses. Bi-wiring was brought to my attention from someone who had done it with his klf-30's and found it to be successfull in improving clarity. Does the type of speaker play a roll? It must not in leiu of everyones responses. All in all, I am really happy with performance I'm getting out of these rb-35's especially since I added denon and marrantz amps sending 200 watts to every speaker. In fact I think they sound so good I am debating replacing the fronts with rf-7's because if the rf-7's only beef up the high end I don't know if they are worth buying right now because money is tight right now.I think I know what you all will say but will upgrading to rf-7's really make a huge improvment? Appreciate responses and opinions.

----------------

On 8/2/2005 5:45:31 PM lumpp_scott wrote:

Thanx for all the responses. Bi-wiring was brought to my attention from someone who had done it with his klf-30's and
found it to be successfull in improving clarity.
Does the type of speaker play a roll? It must not in leiu of everyones responses. All in all, I am really happy with performance I'm getting out of these rb-35's especially since I added denon and marrantz amps sending 200 watts to every speaker. In fact I think they sound so good I am debating replacing the fronts with rf-7's because if the rf-7's only beef up the high end I don't know if they are worth buying right now because money is tight right now.I think I know what you all will say but will upgrading to rf-7's really make a huge improvment? Appreciate responses and opinions.
----------------

And when you get these responses and opinions AND the NUMEROUS referrals to the myriad archives where this has been debated repeatedly, you dismiss them and ask for others.

Do whatever you like. Enjoy. But it still won't change the answer that you aparently aren't willing to hear, depite your foregone conclusion.

Review the archives! Start say, an hour or two before you posted your inital comment for the exact same debate that ran for several days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But as physics has not changed radically in the past several hours, I doubt the answers will change too dramatically.

But hey, to each his own. I am sure there are a pair of $1500 speaker wires with your name on them that WILL make a dramatic difference in the sound of your system if you want them to. Just as my medication makes my system sound different! 2.gif9.gif