Black Academy For Sale or Trade

Frzninvt

OK, here is the deal! I got home, disconnected the Academy, switched the DBX amp over to three channel operation. In this configuration it is 125W X 2, and 400W X 1. The detail and impact of the center La Scala jumped up considerably since it has gobs of headroom and DeanG's custom modded DHAXover is just unreal!

Here is what I will offer, I will sell my Black Academy for $550 plus shipping costs. I have some nice photos but they are about 1.1MB apiece and I cannot upload then from home. (Dialup Connection) I can send them from work tomorrow to interested parties.

It is in excellent condition but it does have six very small holes where the previous owner used tiny eye hooks to suspend it. They are tough to capture with the camera but they are there. I never see the top so it is no big deal to me. It also has a about an 1/8" ding on the bottom left rear area about an inch from the back if you are facing the speaker. This unit has Popbumper's K-Stack network in it and I will include the original network as well. This is a $200 upgrade by the way.

I have a big double walled box to send it in but I will need to buy some 2" & 1" solid foam so I can make a ultra pack job. Any doubts about my packing ability please see my eBay feedback under "Frzninvt"

Those that are looking for a trade I will consider a nice pair of Heresy or Heresy II's as a trade for the Academy.

Here a chance for someone to get a nice Academy with a killer network.

EDIT: For those looking for a cheaper deal I will remove the K-stack network and put the original one back in and I will sell it for $400 plus packing materials and shipping/insurance costs. Keep in mind it will be really heavy and in a very large box, but it will arrive safe.

If someone wants the K-stack network I'll sell it separately from the speaker for $150 plus shipping.

If I get no interest by Friday off to eBay it goes, and it will surely go higher than I am asking here on the forum it is in really nice shape despite the couple of flaws.

I will vouch for Charles packing efforts. My goodies were VERY well packed and arrived 100% intact.

Sounds to me like the price on the Academy is a STEAL Charles!!! If I knew you were THAT easy to steal from back when I bought my goodies, I'd tried a bit harder.

9.gif9.gif11.gif

Coytee you could of at least made it look like a legit BOSE logo, lame but effective I guess.

I certainly do not want to hear anyone whining about not being able to get an Academy!

Seems to me that people cry and whine that they cannot get one! Then someone posts here that there is one on eBay or other site and people have a cow because they feel it ruins there chances of getting one, but when someone offers one, or if you recall when Digjr offered to build them, things got real quiet and the interest dropped. What's up with that, just whining to whine?

At $400 you would be hard pressed to do better, I don't intend on giving it away! It cost me $400 plus shipping costs, and I am willing to add the upgraded network for $150 if desired. So I guess it's step up or shut up!

EDIT: I just posted it for sale on AudioGon if you want to see more photos.

----------------

On 8/3/2005 7:48:51 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Those that are looking for a trade I will consider a nice pair of Heresy or Heresy II's as a trade for the Academy.

----------------

I just got a new pair of heresies that were refinished by damon that I might consider trading (cuz me dad won't let me put the heresies up for surrounds in the house). I guess that would be bad PAF? (parent approval factor). I've always wanted to hear an academy and it wouldn't hurt to have a smaller mag shielded center channel for when I'm at college...

Let me know if you're interested and then we can figure out all the small details.

I can imagine the shipping from vermont to chicago might be a bit brutal and that'll be my decision factor.

----------------

On 8/4/2005 11:08:37 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Coytee you could of at least made it look like a legit BOSE logo, lame but effective I guess.

----------------

Although I DO admit that it was lame, it was also the best I could do given the tools I had at hand.

ok..so that's a lame excuse.

I'm double lame

9.gif

Hi all:

Some time back Frzin (Charles) sold me some Heresy II's when I was first setting up my system. Since refining it with all Fortes and an Academy, the Heresy II's have sat idle. I just contacted Charles and we are trading - he gets the Heresy II's back, and I get his Black Academy (which is great, since my front Forte's are black). My clear Oak Academy will be available in a few weeks if anyone is interested. Glad this worked out!

Chris

Chris, I got her all packed up and ready to ship. Email me your address and I will get it on the road to you. Be prepared the box is BIG! 30" L X 18" W X 17" D lots of styrofoam it should arrive safe!

I am going to try an ambience kind of setup in the front like some of the Yamaha receiver's have. A front effects kind of deal using an ADC DD-4AX Time Delay Unit with 20W built in feeding off the main outs. The ADC allows for time delay adjustment and reflection rates so it should be cool to play with.

This may be a separate issue, but does anybody know whether it's possible to refinish raw oak, clear oak, oiled oak, or oiled walnut Academies to match the finish of the black Academy? That would open up some more Academy possibilities so I can get this monkey off my back (Forte's with a KV-3 center).

Thanks,

Frank in St. Louis