Any Chicago Based Klipsch-heads able to help?

rplace

I know this is asking a lot. But if anyone was willing to pick up a pair of Bells for me (with boxes which is nice) and help me get them to me I would be forever grateful.

Here is the auction so you can check out the city. Belles Auction says Naperville, IL.

I have used a company called Forward air in the past to ship pinball machines. Basically you box up and strap your item to a pallet. They move them for you. Forward air locations are typically close to airports.

FORWARD AIR, INC

Address: 351 W. TOUHY AVENUE

SUITE 150

DES PLAINES , IL 60018

Anyone able and willing? Even better if you want one I will split them with you!!!!

I'm willing, but not really able.....I no longer have my truck, and I am on a 20+ consecutive work day run. I have been through the Forward Air hoops before, and know how to do this, but since I lost the truck I have had trouble doing things like this.

I have the Cornwall Crate as well, and have been looking to relocate it so it can be put to better use for forum members, but haven't had the time or means to do anything about it. I think I'm going to need to rent a truck at some point and take it to a better "hub" than I can provide for this...which will be an all day job (I'm 2 1/2 hours away from the City).

Also: be aware that FA in Chicago only accepts loads on WEEKDAYS (at least that was the policy last I checked). You can pick up on Saturday, but no dropoffs.

AN, thanks for the heads up. Forward Air in Baltimore was really easy to deal with. Sounds like they have more hoops in the Chicago area. I am not married to Forward Air, open to any other ideas people have.

No real rush in getting them either. If somebody would want to try/test/audition a pair of Belles I would be down for that. My parents live in the Detroit area and I get back from time to time. I love to visit the city of Chicago.

So if somebody will go through the trouble of getting them for me they can use them till I make a Detroit/Chicago run. What would be ideal would be somebody between Chicago and Detroit getting them for me and using them for a bit. Say a Kalamazoo or Battlecreek Michigan dude. Even better if Picky or NOSValves was looking for a reason to go to Chicago. I'll pay the gas...now I am just dreaming.

ColterPhoto1, arn't you a bit bored these days? Indy to Chicago to Detroit should be right up your alley2.gif11.gif

mbajner, No I did not get them yet. The auction still has just under 2 days left. Since the seller is not willing to ship I have to secure something before I am able to bid. They look really nice,no they look stunning. Bonus for me is that they have the AB2 network. My khorns have AK2 network, so should be the perfect match till I get one of the xover guys to build me 3 alike.

I also have a request out to the seller to assist in transport/shipping...but not holding my breath.

Wish me luck!

DrW, Not really sure how long it would take. I guess it depends on how far the Forward Air place is from you. It really is a large imposition I know.

You would have to get the speakers from the seller; Put them in original boxes; get a pallet; strap the speakers boxes to the pallet and take it all to Forward Air. From there it is sort of like shipping UPS or FedEx. Fill out some paperwork, pay some money (obviously I would pay) and they take it away with a fork lift.

Pick up truck would be handy they have loading docks and will take the palletized item out of your truck for you.

I had a very good expeience using Roadway Freight . I bought my Belles from a seller in Tacoma WA . They were advertised as local pick-up only . I live in Charleston SC so that was not going to be an option . After I won them I contacted the seller and told him the situation . All he had to do was box them up . Roadway went to his place with a lift gate truck and picked them up . What I'm getting at is that they knew what they were and treated them like fine furniture . Almost 3000 miles in 6 days and not a scratch on the boxes or the speakers inside . 10.gif