RB-75 Quality, Long short story

Bonzo

Good lord people....gcoker is not asking for the impossible. It's not rocket science spec'ing out an electrical connector that can take a 5G+ load and not become dislodged. You folks that crawled gcoker's case obviously have never worked in a manufacturing enviroment nor designed anything. Be that as it may.....

Logically, if one realizes that the connector one specified is becoming dislodged, one would think that one would go back to the drawing board or the testing dept. and re-evaluate the design or the testing methods. It is MUCH cheaper to change the design than to lose customers or create a reputation for "chinzy wiring".

Flame away - but I just hope you don't fly on an airplane that was designed by folks that had your "Oh well....nothing's perfect" mindset. And yes - I know, there's a big difference between an airplane and a speaker. Big deal - it's still fundemental engineering principles and methods that apply. So you either do it right or you don't. It's just that simple.

Tom

----------------

On 8/19/2005 7:53:23 AM gcoker wrote:

AGAIN that's unacceptable. What's this from time to time crap. It is

Klipsch responsibility to deliver a first rate product free from defect.

If there product cannot be packaged so that internal wires will not come off

then they need to change their production methods. If I had brought any Klipsch

speaker home and had to take it apart because it did not work that damn thing

would be back at the dealer and I would be auditioning another speaker. I do not

and would not make any excuses on poor production/shipping.

----------------

Everyone who makes a mistake while being paid to provide a service should be shot. What that means is we would all be wearing bullet-proof armor at work and that would include you Gcoker.

Perfection in manufacturing in all about percentages, there is no 100% perfect, so relax. It what someone does to correct the rare mistake that is made that counts.

----------------

On 8/19/2005 1:06:41 PM Petrol wrote:

----------------

On 8/19/2005 12:28:32 PM m00n wrote:

Well, I blame it on the chineese assembly folks.
2.gif

----------------

The RB-75 is assembled in America
6.gif

----------------

I blame it on the Americans. We just can't do anything right.9.gif

----------------

On 8/19/2005 1:15:10 PM gcoker wrote:

----------------

On 8/19/2005 1:05:30 PM Speedball wrote:

----------------

On 8/19/2005 12:31:08 PM gcoker wrote:

jack***,

Oh my....you said a bad word.

----------------

I was only abbreviating his username
9.gif

----------------

No you were just being an angry little man.

9.gif

OK, OK, OK, let's let cooler heads prevail! We can agree to disagree. It is my feeling that with greater demand for their products, expanded and modernized manufacturing and cost cutting measures that all companies have to endure, some things are going to fall through the cracks. These are modern times and the competition is fierce. Just go to CES sometime and see how many different manufacturers there are just making speakers let alone audio and video products in general. They are all vying for their share of the consumers "disposable" income. In most cases, the good ole days are gone and Klipsch, like any other company, has to make some sacrifices to prosper and even survive. At least they have made the effort to stick to their roots and offer their classic speakers to those of us who went to our local stereo shops as kids and dreamed of the day we could buy some new K-horns! Not many other classic manufaturers in business today have made that commitment! Kuddos to Klipsch for moving forward and remembering where they came from!!!

Sometimes you get a defective one. I work in a manufacturing plant myself and as hard as management tries to stress quality above anything else bad stuff occasionally goes out the door because someone is not doing their job correctly. Wether it's some lower management type pushing quantity over quality to make himself look good or just some guy on the line either not paying attention or just doesn't care for whatever reason.

When I bought my RF-7's I had to take delivery of three different pairs before I got good ones. First pair were damaged in shipping and the second pair had a bad veneer job. Good thing I bought them from an authorized dealer, they took care of it with no hassle at all. Guess that's one of the reasons Klipsch filed their suit against unauthorized dealers. They realize sometimes problems occur and want them taken care of with as little inconvenience to the customer as possible.

----------------

On 8/19/2005 12:07:25 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Good lord people....gcoker is not asking for the impossible. It's not rocket science spec'ing out an electrical connector that can take a 5G+ load and not become dislodged. You folks that crawled gcoker's case obviously have never worked in a manufacturing enviroment nor designed anything. Be that as it may.....

Logically, if one realizes that the connector one specified is becoming dislodged, one would think that one would go back to the drawing board or the testing dept. and re-evaluate the design or the testing methods. It is MUCH cheaper to change the design than to lose customers or create a reputation for "chinzy wiring".

Flame away - but I just hope you don't fly on an airplane that was designed by folks that had your "Oh well....nothing's perfect" mindset. And yes - I know, there's a big difference between an airplane and a speaker. Big deal - it's still fundemental engineering principles and methods that apply. So you either do it right or you don't. It's just that simple.

Tom

----------------

Everyone makes mistakes. NASA didn't know about the foam insulation. Look where that lead. Mistakes happen. Hopefully we learn from it. When something goes wrong I don't usually get angry unless they don't care, don't make it right, or so forth. But I believe that there is one thing. Price per performance. Hell you can buy a Wilson WAMM system for a whole quarter million and have David Wilson personally hook up your speakers. But you can buy a Klipsch for 100 times less and get probably 90% sound quality. It's like you going to buy a set of tools. You know you can buy that black and decker for 50 dollars or you can buy that dewalt for 300. Which is a better tool and which will last longer? But still people buy the black and decker cause they cannot justify buying a 300 drill lets say and use it once a year and many people are quite happy with the black and decker. What I am saying is if you expect to get a perfect product then be prepared to pay much more money as quality usually coincides with cost.

----------------

On 8/19/2005 5:11:12 PM Jay481985 wrote:

Everyone makes mistakes. NASA didn't know about the foam insulation. Look where that lead. Mistakes happen. Hopefully we learn from it. When something goes wrong I don't usually get angry unless they don't care, don't make it right, or so forth. But I believe that there is one thing. Price per performance. Hell you can buy a Wilson WAMM system for a whole quarter million and have David Wilson personally hook up your speakers. But you can buy a Klipsch for 100 times less and get probably 90% sound quality. It's like you going to buy a set of tools. You know you can buy that black and decker for 50 dollars or you can buy that dewalt for 300. Which is a better tool and which will last longer? But still people buy the black and decker cause they cannot justify buying a 300 drill lets say and use it once a year and many people are quite happy with the black and decker. What I am saying is if you expect to get a perfect product then be prepared to pay much more money as quality usually coincides with cost.

----------------

I agree with you but of course that angry little man can't comprehend it. His issue not ours or Klipsch's.

Bonzo would probably appreciate it if this thread got back on track.

Since you're using your RB-75s in your bedroom, you may or may not want a small subwoofer to add the bottom octave to your bookshelve speakers. As the RB-75s are only rated down to 42Hz, you really can't expect much in the bass department unless you purchase a small sub that'll blend well with the '75s like perhaps the Klipsch RSW-10, which at least reaches 29Hz. Just a thought...

As for a new integrated amp or receiver, there are numerous components out there that should fit your needs, including those from Aragon, B&K, Adcom, NAD, Rotel, Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer Elite, or even from the latest Sony ES lineup...if you're seeking higher-end models, what are your budget requirements? And is this strictly 2-channel stereo, or for a proposed small HT for your bedroom?

Hope you're enjoying your RB-75s.2.gif

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/18/2005 4:32:32 PM gcoker wrote:

----------------

On 8/18/2005 1:02:06 PM michael hurd wrote:

Okay, so you had a loose wire, it happens, and with a LOT more expensive speakers as well. I have not heard the RB75, but I have heard the RB5 bookshelfs. They seemed to have adequate bass for what they were, don't forget the RB75 has only one 8" woofer in a smallish cabinet.

----------------

To me that's unacceptable. Klipsch Reference should be free from any

defect. Is that not the reason someone signed the back during the the QC.

----------------

Are you free from any defects?

When the Tag on the back of that speaker was printed, it worked.

Sometime after that the wire came off.

At that point the customer has a choice. Take the speaker apart and fix it or return it to the dealer for repair or replacement.

After removing 12 screws, putting the wire back on and replacing 12 screws his speaker works. If he was slow, it took 30 min at the most. It could have taken longer than that to get them out of the boxes.

The push on's that we use have a lock tab on them. There is a hole in the termminal on the speaker that the lock tab lands in. this holds the connector in place.

If the termminal was not pushed on all the way or it was taken off and put back on, could be why it did not stay on.