Warning on ebay member!

BS Button

Sold him a pair of K700's and now he's wanting his money back saying that they are not original. I've seen over 20 pairs of these horns over the years and know what I'm talking about. Never, ever heard of a fake pair of metal horns from Klipsch! This guy has either ordered the wrong horns or is absolutely confused as to what it is he's buying. Hell, I even ended the auction early for this ba$turd. Jdaddyok on ebay. When I think of all the $$ spent on shipping back and forth if I'm forced to refund and accept a return. These types ruin it all for us on Ebay. I've not been this pissed in years!

BS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bet you're right Todd, someone not from 'round these parts' who ordered the wrong item. Did you have Q&A with him about it? Were they clearly marked 'for Klipsch Heresy'. Perhaps he wanted the 701 plastic with the rounded bottom edge for exact mounting match? I have a pair of 701's that are four-bolt pattern vs the thread on, maybe that's his issue. If it's 700 vs 701 that's a pretty forgiveable beginner mistake imho.

It's a forged metal horn, who in their right mind would bother to bootleg such a specialized, difficult to manufacture piece? It should have PWK and 700 as part of the mold, ferchristsake!

Don't know what you can do but relist them. I know you're made cause this was the final piece in $$ for your tube rig. Just smash the kids' piggy bank and repay her later.

INSERT JOKE HERE- my little nephew told me this one, maybe it'll help you...

This kid is reading a book about fingerprinting, and tells his Dad 'hey this book lied'.

Dad sez 'why do you say that son?'

Boy 'because it says that no two fingerprints are alike, but I know three people who have the SAME fingerprints'

Dad 'who's that?'

Boy ' You, Santa Claus, and whoever got in my piggy bank'

bada boom! Hope that gets a little chuckle. Peace bro!

Michael

to bad there are so many nut cases on the bay, i recently sold a yamaha px 3 TT to a goy that started telling me how he guaranteed it would be damaged even before he received the thing and of course after he got it he started telling me how he wanted his money back now not thru a money order as he paid with, and then he refuses to send it back , funny thing is after i mentioned serial# matching and him returning it in same condition he received it he went off the deep end I FEEL YOUR PAIN 10.gif joe

If you ended the auction early, who cares? The guy can't get you through Ebay channels since the transaction would have taken place outside of Ebay. If you know they are what you advertised, tell him to get lost. I guess if you want to be nicer about it, tell him to return them to you. After you've had the chance to inspect them for damage, then you can return his money.

Todd,

The problem may be that there are two very different metal K-700 horns that are functionally the same and both genuine Klipsch. I will call them the "thick" and "thin" castings. In the picture below the thick casting is on the left and the thin is on the right. The thick one weighs 2 pounds and the thin weighs 1 pound 4 oz.

Bob Crites

thickthin.jpg

post-9312-13819269306242_thumb.jpg

I like what Scott said. Have him return them on HIS dime. Then you've got both horns and $$- THEN NEGOTIATE. If it's outside of Ebay, it's sorry Charlie, unless you did a BIN with him.

Don't antagonize him, he does have your address. See what his image of a 'real' K700 is then you can get to the heart of the issue.

If it was a miscommunication on your part, I'd refund fully. If he bought the wrong item, send him refund minus your shipping/trouble fee, then repost on ebay.

Michael

I assume you will send the purchaser Bob's posting showing the two versions of the K-700 horns. You might want to give him Bob's email address so that he can ask Bob or Klipsch a question as to whether there are any sound differences between the two horns. Bob thank you for the information. Maybe this should be posted as a separate item so it can be found via the search engine? It would save other people the aggrevation when it happens to them.

Don

Don,

There are true pearls of wisdom inside this forum that are almost unfindable because of not being able to search for text inside the topics. I hope that feature will be in the new forum software.

Bob

Todd,

Yes, I think those are the heavy thick ones also probably older than the thin ones. He may be expecting the plastic ones from the Heresy II. By the way, I have done business with your customer and have not had any problems with him. Some sort of misunderstanding here, I think.

Bob

----------------

On 8/20/2005 8:12:28 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

From now on, I'll take note of the serial number of any gear I sell.

----------------

I sold a guy a new pair of SCSI hard drives a while back (I had 4 of them). He told me both were defective, and wanted a refund. I said sure, send them back and I'll refund you. When the drives arrived, I noticed that the bios revision stickers were different from the pair I still had (all 4 were from the same batch). This guy had swapped the controller boards to repair some defective drives, and sent me back my new drives with his bad boards attached - but the serial numbers still matched. Beware of parts swappers too - they're out there.

Now he thinks that the Crites picture is proof that I had two pair and that I sent him the "cheap crap ones" as he put it. I understand now, why he might feel that way, as the thinner walled versions do appear to be a little more "finished". We are still emailing back and forth, but he's coming around a little bit.