bass!! Bass!!! BASS!!!!!!!!! oh yeah!!!!!!!!!

joessportster

went from heresy's to cornwalls, to la scalas, to belles, and now the big dogs 1975 K-Horns (they will be here a long long LONG TIME) MUST SAY THE BASS IN THE K-HORNS IS VERY NICE INDEED. checked all the components they are all original and all seem to work very well, the cabinets are in very good shape which supprised me a little i was expecting worse by the pics, seems to be a pair of well cared for and loved horns, dont know why the ouner decided to sell but i sure am happy they did. 1450.00 with tax for a very nice pair of 1975 all original walnut k-horns is a SMOKIN DEAL, almost as good as thebes marantz 8b deal. will listen for awhile before i give a impression of the sound 10.gif Joe

P.S. THESE THINGS ARE HUGE

your belles are stacked in a corner out of the way, of course i guess i should have put some padding between them , you think????????

kidding they are fine, by the way priscilla said she thinks mine is bigger than yours11.gif (k-horns that is) enya sounds freekin awsome on these boys the bass is crazy deep10.gif Joe

Joe,

I have followed your Klipsch odyssey, thinking that you could be the poster child for how this forum parts the seekers of fine sound from their cash! 9.gif

Seriously, congratulations on your find. I know when I heard khorns for the first time (in my own room!) I was absolutely floored. The TV has gone silent.

Enjoy, Enjoy, ENJOY!!!

Woo

the ouner had a 3rd party store sale the horns for him and as it is a retail outlet and i was picking them up i had to pay va state tax, yes larry all done for awhile. To beat what i now have would cost tons more than i have in $$$$$$$ and i have more albums than i know what to do with just accquired more classic rock that were doubles of some i have they are in great shape think i am going to try to start a music trade thread, you know this is what i have what do you have and are there any i have you want type thing we will have to see how the new forum format works i guess, the last stack of classic rock vinyl my daughter tok home with her a couple days before you asked for the list10.gif Joe

----------------

On 8/21/2005 6:33:34 PM joessportster wrote:

yes they are huge but sound great, Odd thing though the scalas & belles sounded better with vinyl and the k-horns seem to sound better with cd. still along way to get a real idea of the sound
10.gif
Joe

----------------

That's very strange. My Khorns sound better with vinyl then any speaker I've ever tried.