40 Year Old Virgin

Amy

• Moderators

This just sent to me from our PR department (guess the rumors are true!):

In the newly released film The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Klipsch speakers, boxes and banners are EVERYWHERE! Cast members are seen carting around Klipsch boxes and a Klipsch banner is clearly visible for about ten minutes of screen time -- ten minutes! The film was number one at the box office on its opening weekend, meaning that millions of people recently spent some quality time laughing and having a good time ... and looking at the Klipsch logo.

The film is about Andy Stitzer (Steve Carell), an electronics store employee who is unlucky in love. This feel-good story is just one of the many films and TV shows the Klipsch brand will appear in this year.

Other product placements to look for:

Making of the Scorned (E! Channel)

TV Guide's Ready, Set, Change

NBC's Three Wishes with Amy Grant

Elizabethtown starring Kirsten Dunst, Orlando Bloom and Susan Sarandon

----------------

On 8/22/2005 3:26:28 PM damonrpayne wrote:

So someone paid for this product placement? It would be so much cooler if the filmmakers just did it on their own.

----------------

You're kidding, right?

This is HOLLYWOOD--the place I've made my living for the last 18 years.

Klipsch probably only gave EQUIPMENT for FREE, not money. Then the producers probably SOLD the equipment to the crew at the end of the show (or just took it home if they wanted it) for a really cheap price.

NOTHING happens in this business without money (or STUFF) changing hands.

I've heard its much more filthy/racy than the bland ads for it. So, I'll definitely have to see it--

I remember the ads for the first Ace Ventura made it look like a stupid movie. Of course it was, but damn funny, too--

The lead actor/virgin was not funny in Ron Burgundy, so I'm still apprehensive--

Though product placements in movies usually cost big bucks, Klipsch does not pay to place our products. If they are in a movie or TV show, it's because they were requested.

----------------

On 8/25/2005 4:12:24 PM BobG wrote:

Though product placements in movies usually cost big bucks, Klipsch does not pay to place our products. If they are in a movie or TV show, it's because they were requested.
----------------

That's what I figured. Did you ask for the stuff back? I know we did a show that had some REALLY expensive hi-fi gear and at the end it all had to go back to the manufacturers--I was bummed because I wanted to buy the SOTA turntable at the end of thet show (this was back in the late 80's).

----------------

On 8/25/2005 4:12:24 PM BobG wrote:

----------------

I am shooting a major motionpicture in my family room. It would be nice if I could get a pair of 2006 oak klipschorns with two KW 120 THX subs w/ two KA 1000 THX, an Aragon 3002 and a 28K MKII. I can provide my own CD/DVD/SACD player so no need to worry there. The shoot will last about 5900 days, after which I will return the products. If you pay for shipping out, I will pay for the return. Your products will achieve a prominent placement in the film. Contact me with the delivery date. Thank you in advance.