What Klipsch speakers ROCK?

Morton

Thank you for all that information guys....

...from what I'm hearing, it sounds as if many of the better Klipsch speakers are up to the rockin'.
I believe on "Us and Them" of Pink Floyd's DSOTM there is one point where there is a lot of information coming through the speaker all at once and it never sounds clear to me. I have an older disc and the newer SACD version. They both garble that info on my Kg4's.( I then played a vinyl version and it sounded cleaner. Go figure. ) That's what I mean about retieving all the information.

Well I can sleep easy knowing that I can move to an Klipsch upgrade and have my rock....and others.
By the way....I agree that Porcupine tree is not hard rock but they sure push the limits of prog rock on their latest. Anyone who wants to hear what their speakers can do would do well to get "In Absentia" or "Stars Die".
Porcupine Tree has also won awards for their Surround mix of "In Absentia".

Thanks for the info,
Bob

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DraGon ......

Belles ... for Rock ...??

sorry, .....No ......too laid back ....[H]

Duke, you really, really need to stop by my house next time you are in the Midwest and hear my Belles.

With nice ALKs and the right pre/pro and amp - yes - Belles rock. They have surprised the $%$^&@ out of me (in a good way.....) And I've owned Altecs, Dean-modded RF-7s, Cornwalls (and some other rockin' speakers) so I have a basis for comparison......

Carl.

thanks for the invite, CJ ...

you know it's about 1800mi .......your Safe ....[;)]

i haveheard 3 or so set's of Belles over the years .....

it's the horn loaded bass , i think that keeps them outta the runnin' for Slam ....

at least ya got them Valencia's with a direct radiator for bass ...

or ..

maybe they all needed crossover work , who can say ...[*-)]

thanks for the invite, CJ ...

you know it's about 1800mi .......your Safe ....[;)]

i haveheard 3 or so set's of Belles over the years .....

it's the horn loaded bass , i think that keeps them outta the runnin' for Slam ....

at least ya got them Valencia's with a direct radiator for bass ...

or ..

maybe they all needed crossover work , who can say ...[*-)]

You are welcome. A pair of nicely built ALKs helps the bass on the Belles, and the slam also improves with the right amp (shhh!!!!). My Belles have come a long way, sound-wise, since I first picked them up. Not Cornwall bass, but my Belles certainly provide their own unique slam factor. Yes, my Valencias also supply a good kick in the rear, and I now have them three feet up in the air. Also, have the monster sub next to the couch - just for grins.....

Carl.

I have CW's and Forte II's. I also think he had a price limit, which would be why RF-7's were not mentioned. Of course RF-30's go for around $800.00 plus shipping. If you really want to rock, the best bang for the buck was Duke's reccommendation: Forte's. At around $500.00 they cannot be beat.

On the other hand, with a HK430, a little more power would make them really rock. From first hand experience I can tell you that deep bass and loud dbs require more power. My son has the HK430 with KG3.5's and they break up at higher levels. More power will cure that, I have already proven it to myself. My SS amps far exceed my 4 tube setups.

Mac240

VRDs

Mark IVs

Scott 299D

SCA35

I own both Belle's and Forte II's and for rock I prefer the Forte II's. Actually I'm a bit disappointed with my Belle's and prefer the Forte's in general. In defense of the Belle's though, I'm sure they would greatly benefit from one of BEC's crossover rebuilds, which I plan on doing soon. Even with that said, I don't think that unmodified Belle's can provide the bass needed for rock music like the Forte II's can. Now if you add a nice subwoofer the Belle's would easily be tops, also something I plan on doing soon.

hi,

I'm have that in my home right now. I want the Cornwalls in my

main system and my wife wants the Forte's, size not sound

considerations on her part. She agrees the Cornwalls sound

better. Deeper soundstage, better imaging and just more real and

musical.

As far as rocking, they both do very very well, but the Cornwalls

according to my wife sound just like a rock concert ... ear

bleeding loud with lots of bass punch. A bigger wall of

sound then the Forte's can do with a not quite as deep bass, but the

bass the Cornwall reproduces is bigger...it has more visceral

impact ...everything outside and inside you shakes. I guess that last

few lower hz is not all that important.

Larry

Here's an idea that is sure to be promptly ignored!

If you have a preference, do it! Live it!

Who cares if the guy 'next to you' likes something else!

What would be nice if those who are exploring similar paths can discuss various alternatives while accepting a common foundation!

But since I am sure that that went right over everyone's head, I will just have to deal with you on your own level![:D]

All of you weenies are wrong! The LaScalas kick the proverbial posteriors of the smaller units![:P][:P][:P][:P][:P] If you can't accommodate them just remove the couch and sit on the floor! Or build a bigger house![:P]

Enjoy![:D][:P][6]

Gee, stomping on the ant hill sure is fun!!![6]