The Woes of Shipping Speakers...Concluded!

n2dablue

I'm ASSuming the reason the seller wants to use C&F is because he

doesn't want the liabililty or hassle of boxing these up. There are

other options you might consider like the "Mailboxes"

franchise. I would not push to seller into packing these items.

Personally it's been a month and I still have yet to settle w/

Visa and or PayPal for the set of K-43's I returned to the seller due

to his failure to pack as promised.

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update you all. We decided on shipping via Greyhound. They were each packed in a new, large wardrobe box, with plenty of protection. Each box cost about $70 US to ship. It took 5 days to get from Dallas TX, to Tacoma (near Seattle) WA. We picked them up at the local Greyhound station with no problems whatsoever. The boxes really looked untouched with no marks, holes, or dents.

As a bonus, and much to my surprise, the Fortes are in better condition than the pictures on the auction would have you believe. All in all Greyhound was a good experience, at least this time around. I will definitely try them again next time I have something odd to ship.

I am really enjoying the new speakers, in time I will upgrade to a tube amp, perhaps a modded ST-70, and a descent preamp, but even with the current setup, the grin factor is definitely there! Thanks to everyone for your advice.

• Like 1

Congradulations ! My Belles were shiped from Tacoma WA to Charleston SC using Roadway . Not a scratch on the boxes or on the speakers inside , almost 3000 miles ! They made the trip in 5 days as well , unfortunately they weren't unloaded from the truck , so I had to wait a whole nother day to pick them up ! How Cruel !