Just WON a pair of Oak Oil Chorus II's!

vman71

I can't wait to pick them up next weekend (Sunday) and see how they sound with the rest of my Klipsch speakers!

Currently, I have KLF-20's (mains), a KLF-C7 (center) and a RSW-15. I've been looking for a pair of rear speakers and I hope that the Chorus II's will blend in with what I've got. It has been a really big challenge trying to find oak colored Klipsch that will match my medium oak colored KLF's. Is oak a more rare finish for Klipsch speakers?

I have to drive to Pittsburgh (from Northern Virginia) which will be about a 5hr drive each way. I hope they will fit in my Toyota Prius!

I'll let you know what my impressions are and post some pictures when I come back home with them.

Mike

I'm not sure they'll fit in a Prius. Choruses are huge speakers! They're like Cornwalls but a bit more narrow. Have you measured? It would be a shame to drive all the way there only to bring 1 of them home.

Oak is a fairly common Klipsch finish BTW. Probably third behind walnut and unfinished birch. The grain can be really beautiful though. Congrats!

I have to drive to Pittsburgh (from Northern Virginia) which will be about a 5hr drive each way. I hope they will fit in my Toyota Prius!

Mike

I don't think this is gonna work! Measure very carefully before driving 5 hrs! We had trouble getting Heresys in a Prius a few weeks ago and they are smaller than your Chorus II's!

You can JUST comfortably fit a pair of Forte IIs in the trunk of an (90) LS400 (without the boxes). Another concern is that the Chorus IIs are about 100 lbs a piece. Does the rear seat of the Prius fold down? Bring a #2 Phillips screw driver should you decide to remove the drones (from potential damage). They are teriffic speakers that are just a little tough to "relocate".

They will sound great on Parasound and/or Rotel gear (and probably many other things, but I can vouche for the first two).

I guess I'll be renting a small SUV for this trip. I don't want to damage the speakers or like you guys have said, get up there and only be able to fit one in my car. I was really hoping to capitalize on the 52mpg that my Prius gets. I'm just going to have to suck it up for the sake of these beautiful Klipsch speakers.

Thanks! The "Man Cave" is my room in the house where absolutely NO women, kids or pets are allowed. It's my room and when the guys come over to hang out, we can relax in peace. Every guy needs his own Man Cave. If a guy has his Man Cave, then you don't have to worry about the "WAF" and girly stuff over-taking your beautiful Klipsch speakers and stereo system. I never have to worry about plants on the top of my speakers. Instead, I can have my Scareface poster and autographed Wayne Gretzky prominently diplayed. [:D]

Way to go vman71, I know you will enjoy them. For my third pair I was able to fit them in the back seat of my Topaz by taking out the back seat and building a flat platform. I used a sheet of that fake wood panelling with carpet on either side in between them so they wouldn't get damaged. It was a really tight fit, we had to push the first one part way out the opposite door in order to squeeze the second one on top. I was going to rent a minivan but by the time I figured out what I'd have to pay for the extra mileage and gas on top it started getting real expensive. It was a 14 hour drive altogether. Good luck!

I guess I'll be renting a small SUV for this trip. ...

Find a Saab 900 to borrow... (2 door hatch)

... I'm just going to have to suck it up for the sake of these beautiful Klipsch speakers.

at least you have your priorities in order!

(krispykoilz, I did hear once, everyone has a twin [:)])

Thanks! The "Man Cave" is my room in the house where absolutely NO women, kids or pets are allowed. It's my room and when the guys come over to hang out, we can relax in peace. Every guy needs his own Man Cave. If a guy has his Man Cave, then you don't have to worry about the "WAF" and girly stuff over-taking your beautiful Klipsch speakers and stereo system. I never have to worry about plants on the top of my speakers. Instead, I can have my Scareface poster and autographed Wayne Gretzky prominently diplayed. [:D]

I have a "Man House". It sucks.

Michael

I guess I'll be renting a small SUV for this trip. ...

Find a Saab 900 to borrow... (2 door hatch)

... I'm just going to have to suck it up for the sake of these beautiful Klipsch speakers.

at least you have your priorities in order!

(krispykoilz, I did hear once, everyone has a twin [:)])

My 240 Volvo wagon swallowed two La Scalas easily with enough room left over for a few Heresies.

-H2G

Michael, with all of those Cornwalls you should have no problem attracting a good woman! Just spend a little more on wine and women since the song is taken care of....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You wanna come back to my place and see(hear) my Cornwalls?"

Drove to Pittsburgh on Sunday and picked up the Chorus II's. They are in excellent condition with no nicks, chips, scrapes or water stains. The Oak Oil finish is beautiful and the grills are perfect. They were a one owner who just loved them (as it should be).

I'll post some pictures soon as well as some comments after spending some quality time listening to them. I'll try and describe differences that I hear between the Chorus II's and KLF-20's.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to spend a little time with the Chorus II's. I have to say, they sound very close to my KLF-20's. I haven't had a chance to run through many CD's but the one thing that I did notice, was a slight difference in that the Chorus II's don't seem to be as "in your face" as the KLF-20's. The C II's seem a little more laid back.

Anybody else compare/have any thoughts/comments on the Chorus/Forte and the KLF series?