What do you drive and what would it be if price was no object?

Cal Blacksmith

I'm probably luckier than most in that I manage a fleet of advanced development vehicles, but we always have a number of comparative study vehicles that we drive for about six months, then disassemble. I'm expected to drive my fleet vehicles so I gave up my personal car years ago when I started the job.

Right now I'm switching back and forth between two of our advanced driver training vehicles, a 2004 BMW M3 and a brand new 2005 C6 Corvette. I'm not a fan of Corvettes but this one is the best I've driven. I did drive the previous Z06 and really hated that one. It's so powerful and unforgiving that I really don't think it should be sold to the general public. Definitely a car that can get you killed in a hurry.

If money were no object, I'd pick one of those huge diesel motor homes like the golf pros own, pulling around a nice little Mercedes for when I park it. And yes, I would install a nice set of Khorns in it.

If there was any single car I owned and wish I still had, it's my very first car, a 1955 Chevy convertible.

Steeler Fan: There is a company selling an entirely new body tub for those cars, the tooling is original GM, and the bodies are manufactured with better spot-welding techniques, even delivered in E-coat, and at $ 10,500 Canadian, a very good buy. All you need is a front subframe and a good titled car for it's VIN tag.

Thanks Michael, but sounds like too much trouble for someone like me who has no mechanical knowledge what so ever.[:(]

Actually I've heard a rumor Chevrolet might steal a page from Ford and bring the Camaro back and make it look like the late 60's models.

Right now, an '05 Mazda Rx-8. Before that, a Miata, before that, a 1-st gen Rx-7. I luv mazda [:D]

If money were no object? Uh.. I can't limit it to one car!

In no order at all, had I the cash:

1. Ferrari 275 GTB/4

2. 1994-5 Mazda Rx-7 (The FD3S, the 3rd gen of the car)

3. 1967 Mazda Cosmo (Mazda's first rotary car, worlds first twinrotor, and it was a pure sportscar)

5. Another '94 Miata, like I had.. miss her badly. :(

6. An un-molested, rust-free 84 or 85 Rx-7 GSL-SE.. chances of finding these are getting slimmer each year.

The list goes on, for pages, folks.. I'm a petrolhead [:D]

I drive a '97 Honda Civic (actually my dad's). It's not a bad car, got a good 37 MPG last time I calculated, but it needs a new clutch quite badly and the radio's dial is a little weird. If money was no object, I have no idea what I would drive. All I know is it would need to be cool, shiny, red, and have lots of muscle.

I drive a 4 door 99 Grand Prix GTP. I have all kinds of cool

stuff done to it. If fact I just raced a new Yam r6 motocycle and

just crushed it. The kid pulled up next to me after and said nice

car. I let my kid roll the window down in the back and wave high

as I then speed away and the kid had a very pissed look on his face.

If money was no object I would use the money and built my own

car. That is the only way to get what I realy want. But if

I had to buy a production car, it would be the new Lamborgini (sp)

I drive a '97 Honda Civic (actually my dad's). It's not a bad car, got a good 37 MPG last time I calculated, but it needs a new clutch quite badly and the radio's dial is a little weird. If money was no object, I have no idea what I would drive. All I know is it would need to be cool, shiny, red, and have lots of muscle.

Well my Civic SI is cool, shiny, red and has lot's of muscle (for a 4 cylinder anyway). And the volume dial on the radio is a little weird...must be a Honda thing.[:)]

What do I drive? I am mostly driven around in a Nissan Pathfinder, I have a BMW 330i that my wife uses and a 1964 Ford Mustang fastback for an occasional weekend outing.

This would be one of my cars if I could afford it

slow but tasty!

tony

post-3687-13819272078654_thumb.jpg