They actually did something!

damonrpayne

the "tyvec" style wrap is wonderful make sure there are no tears....and a good time to seal the windows inside too... hint hint..

again, take some control of your house after hours... will pay dividends later....any holes... inside you see going out..IE electrical etc etc... around electrical boxes... pipes... water spickets... etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get too excited there grasshopper. At the risk of bearing bad news....typically the framing and drying in (roof, windows, doors, etc.) goes pretty quick. Then comes the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical rough in which tends to be slow but steady. Next will be insulation followed by drywall.

Since most sheetrock folks don't like using 30 minute mud, it will take a good 2 to 3 weeks for drywall to be finished for paint. This is where it really slows down. Trim & paint will take some time. Painters take longer 'cause they're generally not very dependable (the wife says it has something to do with sniffing too much paint fumes).

If your cabinets are custom made that will take some time 'cause the cabinet folks don't like making cabinets from drawing dimensions, they like to actually measure the wall. I can see that argument both ways. Electricians don't like marking wires when they do their runs, so expect them to take their sweet time having to "ring-out" their runs before they can make up the breaker box.

The plumbers will be back to do their thing, but will damage the sheetrock and the initial coat of paint (please tell me you didn't pick dark wall colors).

The flooring folks will do their job and you guys will be all giddy until you realize that work boot weraing folks are still walking in & out of your house. Oh - BTW, it's now the winter wet season and you have no grass, just a muddy front yard. Remember that beautiful flooring and muddy work boots I mentioned???

Then, all of a sudden.....nothing happens. I mean, it's like your house doesn't exist. Your house will go sometimes 2 or 3 weeks with no one showing up. By now you're 3 weeks from closing, final paint is not done, light fixtures are not in, yard isn't done, plumbing not complete, screw-ups not fixed, and you STILL have to do a walk-through! Don't worry, at the 11th hour they will gang bang your house and the cleaning lady will be walking out as your moving company truck is pulling in the driveway.

Of course, it might not be like that at all. Just the way my recent home went. And the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that.........

Tom

Trust me I'm not exactly excited right now. Seems like 2 weeks goes by after every small thing is done, so I'm sure it will only get worse. I just want them to put my damn roof on before it rains in my house ( I think so far some dew is the worst ) and then I'll just say "It'll be done when its done"